Buffing units VS Setting their power

+
This has been bugging me lately, so this thread will either serve for a clarification or, if the issue is plausible, a suggestion.

Consider an effect that set a unit's power to some threshold, like King Belohun does or the result of a Nature special card being played with Symbiosis. Some unit will benefit of this, and get a green strength assigned to some value. The point is that, the way I see it, it should actually be white strength instead of green.

I'm addressing this because I don't believe half-measures should exist in a logic-bound game such as Gwent, and this mechanic introduces such. Take for instance the Tridam Infantry unit that damages a random enemy unit whenever it's boosted. Such unit does not benefit from having its power set in the same way, in other words it won't activate the damage ping when having its power set. However, as with any green strength unit, it's still vulnerable to neutralizing effects such as the Yrden card. And I believe that's inaccurate.

If I could have my take on this system, it should either:
- A: Offer the same benefit of boosting, considering it has the same vulnerabilities;
- B: Set a unit's power as white strength, thus justifiying that they should not benefit from these special activations (basically as the Veteran tag).

I waited to post this until I was sure of it, and a couple of nights ago I witnessed Yrden setting my spawned Treants' power back to 1. I would gladly receive feedback regarding this suggestion, from both fellow players and the moderators, especially if the topic has been created in the past and I've just missed.

EDIT: If it does activate on set and I overlooked it due to row placement rules, then please disregard this post and lock it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom