[Bug] 1.07 Mystery Weight Bug

+
[Bug] 1.07 Mystery Weight Bug

I installed the 1.07 patch and loaded up my save game. I was puzzled because it still showed me overburdened (166/160). So I hopped on Roache and road to a fast travel location and then on to the new storage chest. I dumped everything in the chest including everything Geralt was wearing, all his inventory and junk items. I end up with 48/60.

Where is this mystery 48 weight coming from? I'm not 100% certain but I think I'm missing some items from before the patch (specifically most of the original Witcher armor set) but it might also be the weight of my alchemy and crafting items even though they show zero weight now. I tried dropping most of them but my weight never changed.

Playing on XB1. I also tried hard booting my Xbox and reloading my save (just to be sure) but the issue remained. I then loaded up my oldest save were I know I wasn't overburdened and it shows 162/160 in red BUT I'm not overburdened. I don't get the overburdened icon and can run just fine.

Anyone else experiencing this problem or I am just that lucky?

Last edited:
I seem to have a similar problem.

I felt that i didn't loose enough weight after the update so I added up all the weight in the inventory and on Gerlat after stashing and the total i got was 91 but it shows that i am carrying around 139/160 weight? that means i also have this mystery 48 weight [91+48=139 ] I was slightly overburden before the update [cant remember by how much though]. I am reading that people have lost a lot of weight after they made most of the items hold zero weight.

Its seems i am just as lucky as you my friend

Edit: playing on PS4

Last edited:
Hey, I'm affected by this issue as well. After loading my save I had 166/160, yet I still could run around like normal, after a few minutes, I was overburdened again. Despite all the wheight loss from alchemy and crafting components (which do show a correct wheight of 0) there seems to be an issue with this.

Edit: On PS4 here

Just wanted to chime in and say I'm having the same problems listed above. Before the patch, my weight was under 130. After the patch, I was at 139/130, though was still able to run around normally until I talked to a merchant, at which point the "Overburdened" indicator appeared on my HUD and I couldn't run anymore. As with the others here, all my alchemy and crafting components show a weight of 0 but something is clearly not right. I am on PS4.

+1 on PC

I suspect the game didn't actually remove the associated weight from your inventory after they made all of the crafting stuff weighless. I'm sitting at 22 after dumping absolutely everything on the ground, minus the quest items. The quest items should only add up to just over 1 (kilo? pound?)

Yep, same here.
But there's a certain (Bies-)Potion raising the Weight-Limit and there are the Stashes now, so it's not the World's End.

Greetings.

I suspect the game didn't actually remove the associated weight from your inventory...

I suspected the same. Being a programmer myself, I'd say there exists a variable in which the current weight is saved. It would be pointless to compute such a value on the fly every time you open your inventory tabs.
If for whatever reason after applying patch 1.07 something went wrong (because of humane mistake or else) and they didn't force a weight check before zeroing the weights, we're are basically stuck with some phantom leftovers which are non existent from the game perspective.

I would assume that upon picking up (discarding) an item, or a set of items, the game would evaluate the increase (decrease) of weight against the aforementioned "total" variable. If now an alch item weighs zero, even discarding it, would be considered as taking out a zero value from a previously computed sum, thus making it completely pointelss to leave all your belongings on the ground hoping to reset the proper weight.

These are just my two cents, and maybe things work a bit (or a lot) differently, but I hope it makes sense for you all as well.

Last edited:
@Marcin360 is there ANY way to make the game re-calculate the weight?
I hope there is, or, I believe, it will be easy to add such function into game. For example, re-calculation while loading. I don't think it will make the game load significantly longer.
Just please don't ignore this issue!

There probably *isn't* an issue/error.

I just dropped my books tab (and then picked it up again...) the difference was 30kg, and I have a few duplicates, but not excessively many.

There is a small amount of weight in my quest items tab, including a sword and various statuettes and trinkets. Some of these seem to be "done with" and being better at sweeping these 'dead' items into junk/equipment/weapons would be useful once their matching quests were complete or failed.

Removing weight from these items isn't IMO the best way forward (and I'd love to see the return of crafting and usable items weight, with the ability to store some more item classes in the stash). It seems to me to be more useful to store the books than "yet another sword", and I'd much rather start a witcher library than an armoury of "weapons that are a bit crap".

Top Bottom