[Bug?] Beat on the Brat: Arroyo - reward question

+
I'm working on the Beat on the Brat quests and I just finished the one in Arroyo. I opted to raise E$12,000 for Buck's rifle. Beat the heck out of him, but then he calls his other 6th Street gonks to mess me up. I, in turn, mess them up. Meanwhile Buck is standing there, repeating an animation where he's rolling his shoulders and his health bar has filled back up. I'm able to just wail on him and he doesn't respond, just takes it like a champ. After beating them all down, I go to collect my reward, but I'm still down E$12,000.

I didn't seriously just drop E$12,000 for a gun I planned on dismantling for parts and to beat up some 6th Street gangoons, did I? I should've been given my E$12,000 back, right? Isn't that how betting works?

[...] DONT PUT REWARDS AND STUFF IN THE TITLE MY GOD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump, I also lost the money. I hope this is a bug. The weap's good tho.
Post automatically merged:

Temporary solution:

I rolled back the save and just bet the normal amount after asking about the rifle. After beating him, I chose the first option which was to provoke him which made him and his goons attack me. After finishing them, I took the rifle. So, I got the starting amount doubled plus the rifle.

Seems to me to be the most profitable outcome...

Last edited:
Can confirm. Same issue. Reloading the save and picking the lower bet and then just fighting them to take the gun is a viable workaround minus the fact that you don't double 16k.

I can't even start the fight... It says to speak to him when he leads me to that open area and when I hit the button to talk dude just stands there...I can't punch or leave either. Tried reloading saves and have the same issue

Fight doesnt start, retried several times by loading a save. Both the lower bid and higher bid options get you stuck in the area where you have to basically reload. At the moment there is no way to complete this storyline / series of missions.

I'm working on the Beat on the Brat quests and I just finished the one in Arroyo. I opted to raise E$12,000 for Buck's rifle. Beat the heck out of him, but then he calls his other 6th Street gonks to mess me up. I, in turn, mess them up. Meanwhile Buck is standing there, repeating an animation where he's rolling his shoulders and his health bar has filled back up. I'm able to just wail on him and he doesn't respond, just takes it like a champ. After beating them all down, I go to collect my reward, but I'm still down E$12,000.

I didn't seriously just drop E$12,000 for a gun I planned on dismantling for parts and to beat up some 6th Street gangoons, did I? I should've been given my E$12,000 back, right? Isn't that how betting works?

I wasn't getting the 12k after choosing that option too.

The better solution I've found is to select the normal fight without raising the 12k, beat him and get the 5800, then talk to him afterwards about the rifle, you can then fight him again with his gangoons. Once you beat them you can go over and pick up the rifle anyways.

I just had this too,

im sorry but how did this get past testing. This is legit one of the first quests you are giving upon leaving your apartment at the start of the game... anyone going down this brawler route will run into this, im basically buying a rifle for a 12k. This quest line of beating champions around night city I guess was on the back burner.

Please fix this interaction CDPR

Same issue here, 12k + rifle option, beat the shit out (after a struggle, damn he is annoying), then the gang hits me, lane all of them down ... And zero profit. I didnt get even my own money back. Playing on PC and have latest hotfix.
Post automatically merged:

OKAY. I had it. Now I was doing Q again (with less money) and the wanker healed up from 11% to 78% while I dodged. Fuck this.

Last edited:
Yup... this is still a thing that happens, rifle was a nice upkeep... realized I never had the money upped from doing it though it could be on purpose. Thing about this is though because his cronies attack, could be a thing that happens that you aren't meant to get your money and his. Given that you can pick up eurodollars in game though and it adds to your own money, I would prefer if you just get your money back and the rifle at the same time given what happens.

Him standing stationary is the bug, but you essentially buy the gun if you win. It's a pretty nice iconic. No idea why you would dismantle it.

Same Quest, Different BUG...

In my instance, upon first meeting Buck, I assume he isn't supposed to be standing in front of a vehicle that has been blown up and overturned with him clipped partially into the side of it... correct me if I'm wrong, lol. So the dialogue sequence was rather lacking in immersion since I'm essentially speaking to an overturned vehicle with a man kinda Philadelphia Project-ed into the side of it.
I can get over that, but the vehicle is ALSO overturned where the Sniper Rifle is sitting on a table so, upon putting down $12K for access to the rifle, besting Buck and his goons after besting just Buck initially, I go to retrieve the rifle, which is partially clipped into the side of the overturned truck, and I am unable to Loot it since my cursor cannot find the item that is clipped into the truck.
There have been other minor bugs on my initial playthrough. Missing textures. Falling from 2 feet to my death..lol! Yeah the AI is wonky... but this is truly the first, what I would consider 'major' bug I've experienced.
The question is, should Buck be standing in front of an overturned vehicle, or did something trigger in the game world that caused an explosion that resulted into the overturning of the vehicle that both Buck and his rifle are clipping through...

this mission is so bugged!
  • either V or Buck's avatar gets stuck on scenery often
  • he seems to magically heal in the fight but you can't access any of your med items
  • there are collectibles in the background which you can accidentally try to consume during the fight
  • he seems to be able to hit you without being near you but sometimes when youre right next to him your punches just don't connect
  • if you bet the £12000 you don't win any of it back at the end of the fight. You just get his gun, which you get anyway if you attack them
  • he doesn't seem to die - he just stays on the floor as a red dot on the map constantly writhing around
sort it out CDPR

Completely broken for me now. I got to the point where you choose between the two bets; then quick-saved and walked away (after fighting, losing, and re-loading a few times).

Now I'm trying to talk to him again and start the fight, but it won't let me select either option, only "Maybe later". I guess that mission is going to say uncompleted for me! :(

Top Bottom