Bug: Can't cast signs in or out of combat. Fix: Toss a Dimeritium Bomb at feet and wait.

+
Bug: Can't cast signs in or out of combat. Fix: Toss a Dimeritium Bomb at feet and wait.

I was playing and ending up not being able to cast any signs. From what I've seen this has affected people on the PS4 and PC, so I'm making this in the general Tech Support section.

If you throw a Dimeritium Bomb at your feet and wait for it to expire, you can cast signs again!

Good call, worked perfectly. Was wondering why the hell it wasn't letting me after KM, must've been all the dimeritium bombs flying everywhere.

i also have this problem and im in an early stage of the game. The problem occured to me when i was doing the Sidequest "Wild at Heart" and i cant build an dimeritium bomb. Where can i find the plan for this bomb and what items do i need to have to build it?

I could solve my problem by changing my Controller. The R2-Button of both my Controllers works fine in every other Game but the witcher seems to have an issue with one of my controllers.

I know this is an old thread, but this error just happened to me, and the d-bomb fix did not work; so adding this info in case anyone in the future gets this error and like me searches and gets sent to this thread;

Since the D-bomb error mentioned here did not work for me, I spent the last few days going through the codes/scripts to see if I could find the actual error in the game...

The error is in the geralt_stats.xml file

If you know how to edit the game's xml files, you need to go to all of the strings of code for the signs (20 of them, you need to do the skills upgrade versions as well)

for every line that says "stamina_cost" the number after it reads "min 30 max 30"; but it should read "min 3 max 3"; changing all the 30's to 3's fixes the error.

Hope this helps anyone who runs into this in the future and d-bombs don't work for you.

I know this is an old thread, but this error just happened to me, and the d-bomb fix did not work; so adding this info in case anyone in the future gets this error and like me searches and gets sent to this thread;

Since the D-bomb error mentioned here did not work for me, I spent the last few days going through the codes/scripts to see if I could find the actual error in the game...

The error is in the geralt_stats.xml file

If you know how to edit the game's xml files, you need to go to all of the strings of code for the signs (20 of them, you need to do the skills upgrade versions as well)

for every line that says "stamina_cost" the number after it reads "min 30 max 30"; but it should read "min 3 max 3"; changing all the 30's to 3's fixes the error.

Hope this helps anyone who runs into this in the future and d-bombs don't work for you.

Interesting...have you been able to determine what triggers it? My guess is a possible error with Adrenaline or some other skill that augments Signs. Possibly the game auto-saving at the wrong moment and overwriting a "default" value in the save-state.

Top Bottom