Bug/Can't climb

+
Bug/Can't climb

Bug preventing Geralt from climbing any ledges after patch 1.03 and i can't complete main story missions specially "the great escape" please help

have the same issue, I cant get a answer from CDRP if a fix is on its way, I cant even play im stuck on Bald Mt :(

It seems everyone on this forum is just so damned salty over everything.

Acknowledge me! Validate me! You all act like they are actively trying to screw us over.

There are two posts about the climbing bug right now on the forum front page, but you know what's missing from both threads:

A single person giving details. You realize this is an incredibly complex game and there will be issues.

Help CDPR out maybe?
What version are you running?
Did you install the patch that is coming out today? If so did that help?
What version were you on when this started?
What region is your PS4? Are you in the US? Are you in a non-english region? These things matter.
Do you have a save from before you got stuck? If you load that save and go there again does the bug happen again?

(I am not nearly far enough into the game to know about where you are at, so bear with me)
Are you completely stuck? Unable to backtrack?
Were there any cutscenes leading up to this? If you load your game to an earlier point does skipping the cutscenes (hitting square) help at all? Or did you do that in the first place?

Did you ever dupe items? Be honest on this one. Duplication tricks can often corrupt thing data.

Please try answering these things, because they could help. Part of solving problems is reproducing them. Maybe CDPR is still trying to reproduce this issue. It looks like 6 or so people have been affected by it, out of many many games being played. Although the situation sucks for you, they have to prioritize issues. And for the last few work days they have been busting their asses getting the current patch through all the barriers at Sony and Microsoft. Rest assured, this is an awesome company and I doubt htey will leave you hanging out to dry on this.

It seems everyone on this forum is just so damned salty over everything.

Acknowledge me! Validate me! You all act like they are actively trying to screw us over.

Im with you, but this is pretty serious because you can't even finish the Main Story with this bug! You have to climb in "The Great Escape" you know?

I had this same bug and reported it. I got the standard, "we know and we are working on it be patient." line. It does seem to be related to certain side quests being completed. Ironically, I replayed the game from a save point prior to the glitch and got another bug now that only allows me to jump and climb. No fighting, no walking, nothing but hopping and climbing. I understand its a huge game and complicated, but each and eery one of us shelled out money for the game. I understand people complaining about font being too small or the game doesn't look crisp, but those are not game halting bugs. The exp bug and things like not being able to climb are serious things that should be fixed before or immediately after release of the game.

It would be nice if someone who works for them would replie, to at least get them to admitt that this is a issue. But I'll answer you're questions.

A: 1.03

A: There is no patch today. Also this should be hotfixed, instead of waiting for a patch.

What region is your PS4? Are you in the US? Are you in a non-english region? These things matter.
A: Sweden

Do you have a save from before you got stuck? If you load that save and go there again does the bug happen again?
A: No I only have one save.

(I am not nearly far enough into the game to know about where you are at, so bear with me)
A: Yes I cannot play the game at all, I am stuck unable to go up or down.

Were there any cutscenes leading up to this? If you load your game to an earlier point does skipping the cutscenes (hitting square) help at all? Or did you do that in the first place?
A: There was a cutscene before and no I cannot load a previus save cause I dont have one. I did not skipp the cutscene.

Did you ever dupe items? Be honest on this one. Duplication tricks can often corrupt thing data.
A: No no cheating here with me.

For me :

A: There is no patch today on PS4. Also this should be hotfixed, instead of waiting for a patch.

A: France

A: I maybe have one before the bug, but it is at least 50h back in the game so i don't want to.

A: No cutscene for me, just enter a grotto in a sidequest (i have made all the quest in the game).

A: No no cheating here with me too. But 200h+ gaming, i can't do anything now, oh i'm wrong there is one, waiting for a fix.

I had this same bug and reported it. I got the standard, "we know and we are working on it be patient." line. It does seem to be related to certain side quests being completed. Ironically, I replayed the game from a save point prior to the glitch and got another bug now that only allows me to jump and climb. No fighting, no walking, nothing but hopping and climbing. I understand its a huge game and complicated, but each and eery one of us shelled out money for the game. I understand people complaining about font being too small or the game doesn't look crisp, but those are not game halting bugs. The exp bug and things like not being able to climb are serious things that should be fixed before or immediately after release of the game.

I totally agree. These bugs are extremely serious. Having read people's replies here I now understand how serious. Really validated my choice to constantly rotate my save games.

My main points were that we know CDPR are good people. They aren't here to screw us over and run away with our money. They aren't EA, heh. And of course we all paid good money and some really can't play, but I truly believe this is a good group of devs. They will get us the fixed. It just takes time.

Games like the Elder scrolls family (oblivion, morrowind, dagger fall and skyrim) were all extremely buggy when they came out. It's sadly the price we pay for being early adopters. And launching across all platforms at once (with two being completely new for these Devs) has to be challenging.

These things will get fixed. We have to reach down deep into our patience reserves.

I am a software engineer. Co-own a software company. I know what it feels like when things launch poorly. It hurts, personally. These men and women gave a huge part of their lives to bring their vision to life FOR us. Not in spite of us. And as a dev I can say when things are going wrong what we really hate is to be interrupted. Rest assured that our issues are being recorded and if things are running correctly in their offices someone is going to triage them and feed them to the devs in an appropriate order so they can focus on fixing them.

And although I have been able to play, this has been painful for me because I've avoided advancing (lvl 9) because of fear of triggering the experience bug. Seems to me that happens after level 10 to most people. Just been playing cards and exploring. Getting kind of bored heh.

---------- Updated at 01:00 PM ----------

It would be nice if someone who works for them would replie, to at least get them to admitt that this is a issue. But I'll answer you're questions.

A: There is no patch today. Also this should be hotfixed, instead of waiting for a patch.

A: Sweden

A: No I only have one save.

A: There was a cutscene before and no I cannot load a previus save cause I dont have one. I did not skipp the cutscene.

A: No no cheating here with me.

Thanks for adding that. I guess I incorrectly assumed 1.04 was coming out yesterday. Dang.

whats up with you and you say am salty am only saying there is no acknowledgement of the issue not acknowledge me, please read next time before being a smart ass.

Top Bottom