[BUG] Can't complete the Gig "Small Man, Big Evil" - Target disappeared

+
Hi,

as mentioned on the title, I can't complete the Gig "Small Man, Big Evil", because apparently, I have killed the target and all the enemies around (by sniping from afar with a tech rifle) before activating the Gig itself. When I have activated the gig, the fixer told me to kill the target that I just killed, and now the Gig is stuck on this step. At first, I didn't notice, so I went on playing, but now that I went back there, I still have the Gig marker on my map and it is no longer considered a hostile zone and there are no enemies, only random citizens.

I have already tried to restart the game, but with no success. I wonder if this bug can happen on other gigs as well...

Please, find attached some screenshots for further information.

I hope it can be fixed, thanks beforehand!

Attachments

• 20201211220735_1.jpg
    20201211220735_1.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 375
  • 20201211220753_1.jpg
    20201211220753_1.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 398
  • 20201211220800_1.jpg
    20201211220800_1.jpg
    426.6 KB · Views: 328
  • 20201211220845_1.jpg
    20201211220845_1.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 324
I cleared out the area and I'm unsure whether I killed the target and it didn't register or if he flat out wasn't there, but the area is now longer an hostile zone and I can't finish the mission because the target isn't there. The mission objective is still to "Find Joe-Hyun".
For more information, refer to this post from someone with the same issue:
Thank you.

I think this bug is caused by taking out the target before Regina calls you to officially start the mission, which is very easy to do with a netrunner or sniper build. I had this -- or at least something similar enough that I'd consider it to be the same issue -- happen to me just a little while ago. I came up on the (unidentified) mission marker from the south while jumping on rooftops, noticed the sniper on the rooftop, and used quickhacks to take out the sniper, the drone, and the two enemies closest to me on the lower rooftops -- one of which was the mission target, though there was no way to know that at the time -- before actually entering the mission area. So when Regina called me to start the mission, she immediately called back to tell me how suprised and happy she was that the target was already eliminated.

Except that the mission marker was still on my map, the target's body was marked with an (!), and I had the mission objective of "Neutralize Joe-Hyun". Unfortunately, for some reason Joe-Hyun is now unconscious but unkillable, and I can't even dump his body into a dumpster because the option to do so isn't available when I carry his body over to one.

Fortunately, I had an autosave from just a few minutes before. This time I made sure to start the mission before eliminating the target enemy, and everything worked fine.

So it's probably a good idea for anyone playing any kind of long-range build like netrunner or sniper to avoid eliminating any enemies around a mission marker until you actually start the mission.
Post automatically merged:

Nope, the mission is still bugged... sort of.

So I killed the target and left the area, Regina called to congratulate me and end the mission. I got xp for completing the mission. Everything's good. So I go back into the area to put some bodies in dumpsters for some free Stealth xp. Without realizing it, I picked up Joe-Hyun's body and walk outside of the (now non-existent) mission area looking for something to dump the body in, and... The mission is back open, and I have a mission objective to put the body in the fixer's car. Which is up the road about 300m away.

So I walk 300m along a busy road carrying a dead body to track down the car, dump the body in the trunk, and complete the mission a second time, including getting the xp award and a congratulations call from Regina to end the mission (again).

Which suggests that it might be possible to double dip completion xp on "Gun for Hire" missions by carrying the target outside the original mission area after completing the mission.

Last edited:
I've just installed the 1.10 patch and still unable to complete the mission Joe-Hyun lying dead (but the game says I need to neutralize him) OR he just disappears and the pointer says he's 250 meters below the map.

Is there any way to reset the mission? Or maybe somehow complete it?

I had this bug happen to me. I happen to knockout everyone with Contagion using a netrunner build before Regina called me. Decided not to worry, came back 20 hours later and still couldn't finish it initially.

I did manage to complete it by doing the following though:
Quest was stuck on the "Undiscovered" dialogue, no clue who to look for.
Scan the bodies for Jae-Hyun Lee, find the body
Quicksave
Pick him up, move him (i stayed in the red zone) then drop it down.
(I called Regina at this point but she didn't give me any info so I don't think you have to call her)
Quicload
My quest moved forward, showed him as neutralized and asked me to put his body in the car
Able to complete the quest

Not sure if it'll help anyone else, but that happened to fix it for me

Top Bottom