[BUG] Can't do "The Tower Outta Nowhere" mission

+
[BUG] Can't do "The Tower Outta Nowhere" mission

I've entered the tower and inside there's a golem, a body you examine and magically sealed rooms. The golem doesn't react to my presence, examine doesn't do anything and when i try to leave, it says I require a key to use the portal! Apparantly Geralt is supposed to say something before he goes through the portal but mine doesn't

Same problem here...I gave the mage the book and after he got the barrier down he doesn't move.

sorry for the post after post, but i'd like to update anyone interested:
saving and loading AFTER the mage lowers the barrier seemed to do the trick and unblock him (although it did require 2 tries) and i could finish the quest

saving and loading AFTER the mage lowers the barrier seemed to do the trick and unblock him (although it did require 2 tries) and i could finish the quest

I can confirm that this worked for me as well.

Cheers man, you saved me a lot of aggravation.

I have the same problem as OP. Golem just stands there, no mage in sight, 2 bodies which I can interact with but it does nothing. Saving and loading BEFORE or after entering the room does NOT fix the bug

Had the same problem. It seems that if Geralt does not say his dialogue, or the tower 'security system' does not say any of it's dialogue, that either the golem remains stationary, or you can't interact with the mage once you lower the barrier. I had to reload a save from before entering the tower to get it to work.

Quest is still bugged for me even after the 1.05 patch. I walked through the portal and it stays open, no cutscene plays golem is just standing there ect. Will they ever fix this?

For me I can do the quest until the mage rewards me and attempts to teleport me out of tower. At that point the game always crashes.

This worked for me thanks you.

Guest 3831865

You know what else worked for me?

When the Mage just stood there with a white spell orb floating in front of him where his left hand was supposed to be, I suspected that it could be an animation bug and he was channelling the spell.
so, I WAITED for about 2 minutes, and the quest moved on as normal.

I'd already been to the tower and looked inside, but without going into the portal.
After taking on the quest and entering the tower I got stuck inside with no response. Still stuck after reloading (both before and after entering the tower).

What worked? Closing the door from the outside (I'd left it open), and then "entering the tower" by opening the door and going in.

Quest is still bugged for me even after the 1.05 patch. I walked through the portal and it stays open, no cutscene plays golem is just standing there ect. Will they ever fix this?

I think I've found a sure fired fix!
I had a hunch that coz the quest marker is almost bang on the fast travel point, maybe that was causing the bug.
You've got 3 other FT points to use on the Island, but I highly recommend Yngar's Fang to the NNW coz it gives you the longest helter skelter style slide in the game so far, it's a buzz! :)
I went in there & the quest then worked fine. I had tried any & all tricks to get this bug fixed & almost gave up on it as broken!
Hope this works for any others like us, where there's just nothing happening.
Cheers. :)

I was able to get the quest to work by shutting the tower door and opening it to enter. The quest at the point of going to the tower says to "enter the tower" but doesn't progress if you don't open the door to the tower prior to entering.

like beonin says

yep this worked for me to close the door and then open the door again then it works again

Last edited:
okay im tired of this shit...... PATCH 1.12 AND STILL STUCK PLAYED THE GAME 3 TIMES FOR THE GWENT CARDS NOW IM STUCK

Top Bottom