[BUG] Can't loot

+
When dead enemies or bots land in bushes, you can't loot them because you can't target them.
This works in any normal game, but not in CP2077.

Mabye try uninstalling and reinstalling game or verify files. Mabye use mods like,

Simple Gameplay Bug Fixes​

Cyber Engine Tweaks​

Or search on nexus for fixes.

This is a game bug! New installations will not fix this! I've two installations on different PCs and it's always the same.
Nexus has no fix for this!

This is a game bug!
Not sure about this. Since I haven’t encountered the bug for a while now - tho im well aware of it from the early days where a lot of stuff were clipped into objects or the ground unable to loot/target it.

are you sure it’s not mod related?

The current version! (Steam Updated) with Hot Fix.
Post automatically merged:

Not sure about this. Since I haven’t encountered the bug for a while now - tho im well aware of it from the early days where a lot of stuff were clipped into objects or the ground unable to loot/target it.

are you sure it’s not mod related?
Nope! It's a simple mesh problem in game. You can't target some things in bushes.

The current version! (Steam Updated) with Hot Fix.

Nope! It's a simple mesh problem in game. You can't target some things in bushes.
Your call sounds absolute - while at least I don’t have your problem and can loot items in bushes so it can’t be called „simple“ or „general“.

Last edited:
Your call sounds absolute - while at least I don’t have your problem and can loot items in bushes so it can’t be called „simple“ or „general“.
It is "genral" and on all platforms, since release.
Jus a guess, but I assume it's because bushes hitbox entirely cover the item hitbox which make it impossible to reach. It's rather easy to reproduce, just drop an item in a middle of big bushes (with "luck" you'll drop it in the middle of the bushes hitbox).
It happen to me since release and still happened in 1.61 (so maybe not fixable...). It doesn't happen really often because you have to be unlucky (very, very unlucky for bodies because bodies have a large hitbox) and even less often since I avoid killing dudes who are too close of bushes.

Jus a guess, but I assume it's because bushes hitbox entirely cover the item hitbox which make it impossible to reach. It's rather easy to reproduce, just drop an item in a middle of big bushes (with "luck" you'll drop it in the middle of the bushes hitbox).
It happen to me since release and still happened in 1.61 (so maybe not fixable...). It doesn't happen really often because you have to be unlucky (very, very unlucky for bodies because bodies have a large hitbox) and even less often since I avoid killing dudes who are too close of bushes.
Honey you don’t have to educate me since I already said I’m aware it was a known major issue back in the days - but it got way better and I’m not encountering it that much anymore, if at all. So an absolute call that you can’t loot items in bushes generally is just wrong. It might appear here and there nowadays but it’s not as common as it used to be.

It’s generally better to say “I” have X issue, rather than say “You” and by inference attempt to speak for everyone. Your experiences may not necessarily reflect mine.

I have noticed that sometimes items get stuck in gratings used as a walkways. It doesn't happen to me in shrubs anymore.

So, I must be very unlucky! I play my second round (1. Corpo, 2. Nomad... and after that I will play StreetKid...) and I have several times every time I'm in the desert where I can't loot something. And sometimes I have a similar problem in the city, but very, very rarely.
It is very annoying when a bug exists for years, but the developers are incapable of fixing it (edit)

Just because it hasn't happened to you yet, but has happened to many others, it's still a bug in the game that hasn't been fixed to this day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because it hasn't happened to you yet, but has happened to many others, it's still a bug in the game that hasn't been fixed to this day!
(Edit) report it if it’s THAT bad on your end. For many players it got way better already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please keep the discussion constructive, civilized and respectful. Even if you disagree or have negative feedback.

If needed, technical support team can be reached through this link.

Top Bottom