[BUG] Can't shoot crossbow - not allowed in battle

+

Guest 3823474

[BUG] Can't shoot crossbow - not allowed in battle

Very annoying and frequent issue: I aim at an enemy but Geralt moves the bow into non-aggressive stance and tells me that I can't do this while in combat.
Dunno whether this has to do with how I fire it, but when this happens, there is also confusion between whether the bolt fires when clicking the mouse or when releasing it.

there are two ways of firing the xbow:
quick tap middle mouse button (default key)
or hold middle mouse button and release to fire
do neither of them work?
have you equipped a non standard bolt which might be bugged instead of the xbow?

Guest 3823474

Standard bolt. And I try to always aim shots, that's why I mentioned that it feels like the game tries to mix the two modes up. It would then often be that when I aim and release and the game says I can't do that, I'd have to tap it to release the bolt, and then I can (hopefully) fire an aimed shot or two again until the blockage occurs another time.

I also checked whether it has anything to do with having my sword drawn or not, but no. Since CDPR implemented that horrible automated battle mode, I can't influence that.

When the distance is higher and there's no aggro, it says I can't fire, too, which is equally frustrating. Doesn't even claim I'm in battle then. But the enemy is facing me. And besides, normally I can fire my crossbow even out of battle. (AFAIR)

I've only seen this occur when friendly NPC's are in the path... even if they are behind the enemy. You need an angle of fire that won't have the friendly in the path. At least in my experience.

Guest 3823474

I've only seen this occur when friendly NPC's are in the path... even if they are behind the enemy. You need an angle of fire that won't have the friendly in the path. At least in my experience.
Almost sure this was never the case in my experience. Always bandit camps full of hostiles.

Top Bottom