[BUG] Climbing - Can't complete the main story

+
[BUG] Climbing - Can't complete the main story

This bug came with the 1.03 patch, since then your character is unable to grab any ledges,
at most times you can work around it by jumping around like a madman.

Here is a video of this, showing the exact place where you simply can't go any further,
and this blocks you from completing the main story quest. (The Great Escape)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH7IC9CJlJU

---------- Post merged on 24-05-2015 at 05:27 AM ----------

Bump.

This bug came with the 1.03 patch, since then your character is unable to grab any ledges,
at most times you can work around it by jumping around like a madman.

Here is a video of this, showing the exact place where you simply can't go any further,
and this blocks you from completing the main story quest. (The Great Escape)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH7IC9CJlJU

---------- Post merged on 24-05-2015 at 05:27 AM ----------

Bump.

30 minutes hopping to that ledge. That damn ledge.

---------- Updated at 05:59 AM ----------

I believe there is also a bug with the meditation section. Everytime I enter that part potions are automatically filled for some reason. This happens BEFORE i even meditate. lol

Just encountered the same bug. But managed to jump onto the ledge with speed run, then jump :) try it.

I just noticed this bug today because the main story in act 3 requires you to climb ledges in 2 different quests, cant do either now. hope they have a quick patch for this because i really want to see the end of the story.

Same im on act 3 and have been unable to pass the Blindingly Obvious Fight ledge Boss... been wiping on that ledge for 2 days now

This needs to acknowledged and fixed fast, this has been going on since update 1.03 now update 1.04 no fix and no addressing the issue.
Sure you can bypass some things but this is crazy at least lets us know you know about the issue and give us an ETA at the very least.

Done the quest Great Escape by luckily finding a higher spot. Next quest Payback, need to go up a house. By climbing a ledge. This is friggin retarded. How come a new update comes up and still 0 answers to any post in regards to this bug? No answer from any moderator whatsoever. I expected more from the developers of a game that has JUST been released to be honest..

Its a keybinding-issue. I had problems too, when I manually edited the keybindings config-file. Try to reset your Controls.

The 1.04 patch does fix the problem. Sadly however, you will have to sift through your saves likely a few quests back and load it to re-enable climbing. It's not all that bad, but I'm sure if you want to wait for the next patch to fix the saves themselves it shouldn't take more than another day or two.

1.04 dosnt really solve the problem as I began a new save when it came out and then worked my way a bit. Didn't start immediately instead to my discredit it happened after a few hours of playing, I failed to notice it and thought maybe brain damaged caused my memory to fail on where I could grab on to, then I noticed it happened at every place you could grab on to (including fences and such).
Thankfully PC makes these things easy to get around...however I do miss him vaulting over things like fences (so graciously)

We have found so far three issues causing problems with climbing. As of now two of them are being fixed as I write this and hopefully will make it into next patch. The last one is more complex but we'll do our best to nail it down as well.

If you want you can send us your saves through http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support and we will check them to see if there are any more potential issues with climbing and fix those ASAP as well.

I want to assure you that all and any bugs related to blocked functionality are being given highest priorities in gameplay and quest teams.

We have found so far three issues causing problems with climbing. As of now two of them are being fixed as I write this and hopefully will make it into next patch. The last one is more complex but we'll do our best to nail it down as well.

If you want you can send us your saves through http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support and we will check them to see if there are any more potential issues with climbing and fix those ASAP as well.

I want to assure you that all and any bugs related to blocked functionality are being given highest priorities in gameplay and quest teams.

ilozen, thank you for keeping us up to date.

Hi, ilozen pls fixed for PS4 too and the climbing problem is bigger, I can not climbing in open world or other quests.

keeping us up to date

Last edited:
Hi, i wrote it is in Great Escape ...but it was my translation of polish name of quest... i ment the chase in "Wielka Ucieczka" - Yenefer related quest in Novigrad, i chased the "burglar" to rooftop, when he climbs on roof...i saw even the NPC had issues to climb on the edge ...

Top Bottom