[BUG] Climbing - Can't complete the main story

+
Same story here. Can't jump on any ledge and I'm stuck in "Great escape" quest. Please fix... I'm dying to see what's next :D

Have the same problem but on Windows version downloaded from steam. I tried to make a ticket about it but got an error message about some problem even If i was correct on completing the form.

Well i cant climb any edge ANY edge even if its only a millimeter to high to jump is cant do serveral caverns and now im stuck in the ultimate c..kteaser as the others here cant go further nor cant go back thats great

We have found so far three issues causing problems with climbing. As of now two of them are being fixed as I write this and hopefully will make it into next patch. The last one is more complex but we'll do our best to nail it down as well.

If you want you can send us your saves through http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support and we will check them to see if there are any more potential issues with climbing and fix those ASAP as well.

I want to assure you that all and any bugs related to blocked functionality are being given highest priorities in gameplay and quest teams.

Any progress about this bug ? ??? its few days and no solution or info from your side

As there is no fix for this bug i have a solution that can help you climb the ledges. First you need to download 'Debug Console Enabler' from
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/28/?
After this open your game and press '~' or 'F2' to open the console and enter "replaceplayer('Ciri')" without the quotes. This will change Geralt to Ciri. Now climb the ledges with Ciri and then change the character back to Geralt using the same command "replaceplayer('Geralt').
Have Fun.

Tried this several times, but what seems to start this bug for me is completing the witcher contract: The creature from Oxenfurt forrest.
Reloaded the game a couple of times before this point and everytime after completing it I could no longer jump onto ledges. You'll also notice Geralt will no longer hop over walls using his hands etc. but will just plain jump.

As there is no fix for this bug i have a solution that can help you climb the ledges. First you need to download 'Debug Console Enabler' from
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/28/?
After this open your game and press '~' or 'F2' to open the console and enter "replaceplayer('Ciri')" without the quotes. This will change Geralt to Ciri. Now climb the ledges with Ciri and then change the character back to Geralt using the same command "replaceplayer('Geralt').
Have Fun.

Thx man!!!!!!!!

This seems to happen at random. I have encountered this in the town of Mulbrydale, the house next to the forge where you can enter a very small cellar with several chests. However after exiting and starting the game I was able to climb out of the cellar, whereas at first he just kicked off the edge

Same issue. Can not continue story. On "Final Preperations" with Yennefer and a guy runs away from the tavern and climbs to roofs, but I cannot climb up to catch him.

Same issue. Can not continue story. On "Final Preperations" with Yennefer and a guy runs away from the tavern and climbs to roofs, but I cannot climb up to catch him.

That is exactly my problem too. Can not climb after the guy on the roof.

Last edited:
@ Smoochiecuddle
man stop spaming this as a SOLUTION !! radomly jumping instead of climbing is not a way ...!! he ment to climb this, he was climbing it ...now RED team fkd up the system and its their responsibility to fix it !!

Dont know if RED did something or not, but I can climb ledges again. Of course now, the quest can and is on the next stages.
Thank you.

Who knows when this will be fixed. I put in a ticket about this and got the generic, "we are aware of the issue and are working on it, please be patient line." What ticks me off more is I went back and skipped all the side quests and advanced my story line back to where I was when I had this issue originally and got another bug. Now all Geralt can do is jump and climb. No fighting (but no one attacks him either) and no walking either.

Top Bottom