[BUG] "Contract: Monster on the High Road" not given

+
[BUG] "Contract: Monster on the High Road" not given

In Arinbjorn (Skellige Isles) at the Contact Board there is the contract "The Phantom of Eldberg", but I already got this contract from elsewhere.

Despite showing the Phantom of Eldberg contract on the board, the game states that I received the common item "Monster on the High Road", an Item I already got, but now the clue: I don't have the Contract "Monster on the High Road" in my journal, neither active nor completed.

Seems there went some IDs awry. Pls fix =) ...and if possible make those fixes (there are similar problems with other quests like "Missing Soldiers") retroactive.

Edit: I just remembered I had been to this village before. It is probably safe to say, that I got the note for the High Road Contract from the very same Contract Board (but as mentioned, never got the quest). The contract board was shown as "has contracts yellow", so I initially thought I had missed the village earlier and was visiting the first time..

Last edited:
Even with 1.12.1 this seems to be still not solved.
Picking up "The Phantom of Eldberg" contract from the notice board in Arinbjorn still places the common item "Contract: Monster on the High Road" in your inventory. Reading "Contract: Monster on the High Road" does nothing, as -I guess- the real "Monster on the High Road" contract needs to be picked up from a different notice board somewhere else in Skellige.

I originally got the "The Phantom of Eldberg" contract by talking to Madman Lugos during King Bran's wake, maybe that's what's causing this?

Have you done a quest called "Waylaid Transport"? That's the quest that happens as a result of finding the "Monster on the High Road" notice. If you've already carried out that quest, then everything seems to be OK - the notice would have moved into your common inventory after the quest was complete.

If not, then could you submit a support form direct to CDPR on this one, http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/ ?

I also have the same problem: arrived to Arinbjorn, contract board has a quest "The Phantom Of Eldberg", that I alredy own. I pick it up, but get a new "Contract: Monster on the High Road", which doesn't start any quest after reading it. "Waylaid Transport" is also not present in my quest log.

Sounds like the flags for the quests might be swapped. I'd send the Support Tickets in.

Thread necro, sorry but I have the same exact issue: picked up Phantom of Eldberg by talking to someone in Kaer Trolde, went to Arinbjorn some time later and picked up same contract (Phantom) from notice board there. Then the High Road contract notification flashed on the screen.
Has this ever been solved?

Top Bottom