[Bug - Critical] Second Heart implant save corruption

+
I just encountered an issue that has left me unable to play as it is "corrupting" my previous saves by leaving me in an unplayable state. I have the Second Heart cyberware, and I am currently being placed into the game, regardless of my save, in a dead state where I would normally get up again after being revived by the Second Heart. All saves with this character are affected, rendering all saves since installing the Second Heart unplayable and leaving me with no choice but to play a new character or wait until this is resolved (because I'm sure as hell not going to start over from the point where I installed the Second Heart).

The following is the full process that lead to my current state as best I can recall it:
  1. On the Ex-Factor quest just after deciding to kill Woodsman and entered the elevator.
  2. Clicked on the Ground floor option in the elevator by mistake (not really a great idea to have the quest update based on an elevator floor choice btw) which prompted the quest to move to the end.
  3. After checking my saves I had hoped I might return to an earlier, closer checkpoint than my last manual save, and with a dialogue menu option (from Judy asking why I made the choice not to kill Woodsman) still open (because I didn't anticipate that causing an issue), I got my character killed.
  4. I then selected Load Last Checkpoint.
  5. It loaded me back into the game where I died just outside of the elevator still in the dead state.
I made a copy of all my saves and then proceeded to try different saves. It doesn't matter which save I try though. Every save with that same character loads in in the dead state from the point where the Second Heart implant was installed.

If I had to take a stab, I wager the core of the issue is probably dying with the Second Heart implant active while having a dialogue option open. I sure hope you can address this such that I don't lose all my saves.

Thanks.

PS - I think I've attached a vid clip showing what I see when attempting to load in a save, but I don't see that on the post. I can attempt to provide more information if you contact me via my account email.

Last edited:
I've run into this same bug. Every save I have post Second Heart is doing the same thing. Save loads, I drop to zero health and I'm just dead. This goes for both quick and manual saves. Nothing I've tried works as I'm at zero health instantly. I can revert to a save before the second heart implant and everything is fine.

I've restarted the game and the same thing happens. My last clean save is almost ten hours old.

I'm currently recording a video and will put a link up today.

Top Bottom