Bug deal merc ( no fixers gig)

+
please we need hot fix of 1.24
because the 1.23 has a bug of the contract mission ( no fixers gig).
Iris Tanner don't go up to car after rescued, so is hopeless to finish the deal.

I just attempted this mission today and can verify that Iris does not enter the car. Hopefully it gets fixed.

Interestingly, you can still finish it as if you retrieved her car by entering the vehicle and simply driving back to Dakota's. Iris will follow you on foot (she'll actually warp after you as you drive), and she'll still have a conversation with you about helping get her car as you drive to Dakota's. Once you talk to Dakota to finish the mission, Iris will send you a text, thanking you for helping her with her ride, and you'll get the objective to retrieve a bonus.

I do hope it gets fixed, but if you simply want to finish the quest with the objective "complete", you can do it in the manner I mentioned above.

Having the same problem. Although when I drove back to Dakota with Iris lagging behind she still asked where the vehicle was, even though it was right outside! :p

Also have issue with her not getting in the van but I did manage to get the optional done by driving it inside dakota's garage as leaving it outside always played out the conversation that i'd left it behind. Hope this helps others till it is properly fixed

I was able to have her get in by not killing the wraith next to her van until after I saved her from the guard (when she follows you).

After reloading an autosave about 7 times and her not getting in the damn van I immediately thought "wheretf is she now?!" And I turn the camera and her happy ass is in the passenger seat...

DC9V

Forum veteran
I was able to have her get in by not killing the wraith next to her van until after I saved her from the guard (when she follows you).

After reloading an autosave about 7 times and her not getting in the damn van I immediately thought "wheretf is she now?!" And I turn the camera and her happy ass is in the passenger seat...
I can confirm, loading a save file helps. All you need to do is get on the driver seat, quick-save (F5), then quick-load (F9).
PS.: To make this work It might be important that you don't create a save file after you've spoken to Tanner until V is actually sitting on the driver seat.
TANNER IN THE CAR.jpg

Last edited:
Interestingly, you can still finish it as if you retrieved her car by entering the vehicle and simply driving back to Dakota's. Iris will follow you on foot (she'll actually warp after you as you drive), and she'll still have a conversation with you about helping get her car as you drive to Dakota's. Once you talk to Dakota to finish the mission, Iris will send you a text, thanking you for helping her with her ride, and you'll get the objective to retrieve a bonus.

I do hope it gets fixed, but if you simply want to finish the quest with the objective "complete", you can do it in the manner I mentioned above.
Forgot this from my bug report in other topic.

I encountered this with my Streetkid run and Xbox One X, game version 1.23

I got optional objective while walking around in camp after killing all Wraiths and listening to Iris. After trying to figure out what the heck was wrong here I just took Iris van and tried to see if she follows on foot, but after driving for a while she warped in car. Both objectives marked as completed once I drove Van in Dakota's garage.

please we need hot fix of 1.24
because the 1.23 has a bug of the contract mission ( no fixers gig).
Iris Tanner don't go up to car after rescued, so is hopeless to finish the deal.
I just completed the mission without Tanner getting into her van but getting the bonus from her for saving the vehicle.

1. took out all Wraiths
  2. did not leave area - i.e. did not trigger her dialogue saying "thought we were going to get my car"
  3. got in van, she didn't get in - triggered the dialogue saying "thanks for getting my car"
  4. drove back to the fixer's base with her warping along behind me
  5. drove the van into the garage as below - i could not reverse it out after, it was 'stuck'
  6. went in, spoke to fixer, Tanner didn't bitch about me not doing the van, left, got reward
1630498617820.png

hopefully this works for others if you're really wanting to finish this before patch.

Edited because I cannot type.

It's frustrating when bugs get in the way of finishing a game. The developers will likely release a hotfix for 1.24 soon and fix this annoying bug. In the meantime, try checking the forums or the walkthrough guides to see if there is a workaround for this glitch? Sometimes other players find ways around these bugs. Once, thanks to the forum, I found a great solution to my garage door problem. And if you ever need garage door repair, check out Fix Garage Doors CA, as they have the best garage door repair near me and always work very quickly and reliably. I wish you good luck and all the best.

Last edited:
Top Bottom