[BUG] Dialog stops after picking up key (Jackie, first Mission Dex)

+
Hi there,

After speaking with Jackie, after leaving the first time your apartment at the Chinese food stand, he turn over a keycard. Unfortunately the dialog does end after the pickup.

You can still enter inventory and hacking view, but Jackie just seems to wait me to say something.

Is there any fix? I already tried to reload, but unfortunately I only have this save before speaking to him.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW:

so many people that complain are not recognizing the huge work that was made on this game.
Sure it has his spoils, but nevertheless I really appreciate this game. (even it suffers the final polishing)
Please keep it on !

& PLEASE: Slower Walk for PC, it is a pain to aim with a controller, but the movement is much better .

I like to go slow and enjoy your game, so it would be nice to have an option to be at least as fast walking as the npcs.

(for immersion you know?)

yours

RR
Post automatically merged:

after some roaming around, dying, reloading, saving & reloading the dialog did proceed.

it took some moments, but he spoke further after turn over the key.

no idea, software is sometimes <insert code here>

another hint: if you want to walk on pc: just hit right mouse to zoom, this will slow you down to normal walk speed (npc speed)

:) its even better to inspect all those graffiti & details in the world ♥

Last edited:
Have this bug now. All the other bugs I got of this kind I could usually reload an earlier autosave but that doesn´t seem to work with this one. Anyone have any solution? If I have to restart the game I think it´s time to put it on the shelf for now.

I just roamed around the city and tried some missions (helped the police in a gunfight), I even died at some point and reloaded, after this I tried again to speak with him, after pickup it took some time till he told me that the car is repaired. (It seems to be a longer break in this conversation, maybe you need to be patient a bit)

I put the computer running and made dinner, he still hasn´t said anything or I am still not able to leave my seat. Earlier I tried doing smaller missions and then came back but still stuck. So basically I can´t play the main story any further than this.

I did smash some buttons at some point :) maybe this could be a trick? I switched to scan mode and back.. don´t know.

thats all that I can provide to you. (tbh: I would at least like to see a member of the community watch or of the devs/support) giving at least a hint or ask for the savegame.

This is so weird: I am not shitting you, before reading your last reply I was trying all kinds of stuff trying to get it working, including pressing buttons all over the keyboard but nothing worked and it ended up with me getting so frustrated so I just hit my keyboard with my fist a few times and jackie just... started talking again and I could finally get off the chair. I have absolutly no clue to why it worked, could be a combo of keys but that sounds super odd and I know I pressed all the common keys (c, f, esc, tab, etc) several times before that.

So, smash the buttons is the solution! Thanks for the help/emotional support :)

I don't know if folks are still running into this, because I sure did. It took me a bit to figure out that the game was waiting for me to call my vehicle, but since I had turned off tutorials, I didn't know that the game was waiting for me to call my vehicle. So smashing the buttons works, as long as one of the buttons smashed is the button to call your vehicle.

Hi there,

After speaking with Jackie, after leaving the first time your apartment at the Chinese food stand, he turn over a keycard. Unfortunately the dialog does end after the pickup.

You can still enter inventory and hacking view, but Jackie just seems to wait me to say something.

Is there any fix? I already tried to reload, but unfortunately I only have this save before speaking to him.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW:

so many people that complain are not recognizing the huge work that was made on this game.
Sure it has his spoils, but nevertheless I really appreciate this game. (even it suffers the final polishing)
Please keep it on !

& PLEASE: Slower Walk for PC, it is a pain to aim with a controller, but the movement is much better .

I like to go slow and enjoy your game, so it would be nice to have an option to be at least as fast walking as the npcs.

(for immersion you know?)

yours

RR

after some roaming around, dying, reloading, saving & reloading the dialog did proceed.

it took some moments, but he spoke further after turn over the key.

no idea, software is sometimes <insert code here>

another hint: if you want to walk on pc: just hit right mouse to zoom, this will slow you down to normal walk speed (npc speed)

:) its even better to inspect all those graffiti & details in the world ♥
I was stuck too. Until I realized the game is waiting for you to summon your car by pressing right on d-pad.

Top Bottom