Bug/Exploit: Item duplication by dumping non-looted enemies

+
Footage: https://streamable.com/1mbunm

Reproduction:
Step 1 - Dump an enemy in a crate/dumpster without looting their items first.
Step 2 - Loot the items after dumping the enemy (will be in a tiny box near the dumpster).
Step 3 - Walk away at least 10 meters, then come back near the dumpster.
Step 4 - The tiny box will still be there and the items will have reappeared.

Can be reproduced indefinitely from my testing. It works on every lootable item it seems. I thought at first it didn't work for weapons (some enemies can have a weapon on them that can be looted, instead of being dropped next to their bodies), but it does. I tested on an enemy with a Defender on them.

This is a good way to farm grenades, valuable junk, etc.

Edit: it seems this bug has been discovered a long time ago, but I haven't been able to find a thread or post about it here. Seems it's not been fixed yet.

Last edited:
Yep, present since 1.23 if I remember :)

Yep, present since 1.23 if I remember :)

Hey thanks, I found out after making this thread and then found I couldnt delete it, so now I feel a little stupid for thinking I was first to discover this and it deserved a new thread. :rolleyes:Oh well, I guess people who didn't know about it before could see it here, at least.

Hey thanks, I found out after making this thread and then found I couldnt delete it, so now I feel a little stupid for thinking I was first to discover this and it deserved a new thread. :rolleyes:Oh well, I guess people who didn't know about it before could see it here, at least.
Depending if access points remain "broken" or "updated"(no idea which yet since they wont respond to me 3 days now), i may make use of this bug to increase my money to make up for what was not given from access points.... to think, making use of one bug to fix another bug.

Top Bottom