BUG Fighting "The Colossus" at Fist of Fury Toussaint quest

+
BUG Fighting "The Colossus" at Fist of Fury Toussaint quest

Dear people,

I am making this post because I can not finish the "Fist of Fury Toussaint" quest because when the fight with The Colossus starts (doesnt matter if its the Fight or Parry variant) The Colossus walks to his side of the ring and just gets stuck there. He's stuck in the corner and says some lines but doesnt do anything anymore.

To see an example I made two in game movies, see the following movies:

https://youtu.be/UuDHWP-OIA4 Long version
https://youtu.be/JT_5ncL5O-g Short Version

I can do what I want but it does not matter.
I have tried some tricks like, talking to the bookie, say farewell, quick save, again talking to the bookie, start the fight, or the same thing but quicksaving and loading that savegame.
Concerning this bug I have done complete reinstalls of the game but concerning this bug it doesn't matter at all.

Let me first tell you where I am in the game, what version of the game I am playing and all that kind of stuff.
1. I am playing version 1.31 of the game via GOG. I have been playing for 2012 hours and 18 minutes.
The game was installed when first released in 2015 (I preordered 2 collector editions of the game) and updated the game after that.

2. In the Main story line I have finished all side quests (except the soldier Statuette) and in the main quest I am at the point where I need to sail
to the Isle of Mists. I finished the Heart of Stone expansion. Right now I am playing the Blood and Wine expansion and almost finished all side
quests except the Fists of Fury Toussaint quest. I also need to finish the main quest but I always first finish all side quests.
Geralt Currently has a Level of 90.

3. I dont know of my sys specs are of any use for you but here they are.
CAse = Coolermaster Cosmos 2
PSU = Corsair AX1200I
Motherboard = Gigabyte Z77x-UP7
Processor = Intel I7 3770K
CPU Cooler = Corsair H100i
RAM = 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133hz
Graphics card = MSI GTX 1080TI Lightning
Soundcard = Creative Labs XFI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty pro
Optical drive = 1x LG Blueray Writer.
Monitor = Samsung Syncmaster P2450
network card= 2x onboard
Harddisk = 5x Western Digital Caviar Black 6TB WD6001FAEX (7200rpm, SATA III, 64MB)
1x Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB (7200rpm, SATA III, 32MB)
1x SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB (SATA III) OS
2x SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB (SATA III) Game drive plus documents/savegame drive
Internet connection = Glassfiber 600Mbps up and down.
OS = Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bits (fresh install) and all recent patches and updates from windows update
DirectX version = 11
Anti Virus program = Kasperski Anti Virus 2018
Vid card drivers = Detonator latest version
Soundcard drivers = latest version
Internet explorer version = 10 with all the latest patches
Mail program used = Outlook ( Office 2010)

Is there anyone out there that is experiencing the same problem that I am experiencing?? or is there someone who experienced this problem before and somehow fixed it?
I want to ask you guys out there if you can help me fix this problem.

Awaiting your responses,

GReetings

DrDeathhand

PS: Best wishes for 2018 to everyone here on this forum!

Aside from the normal troubleshooting steps, I'm not sure what to suggest. Again, it could be a symptom of something in your save-state, especially after such a long time. For what it's worth:

1.) Do a verify / repair through Steam / GOG / Origin.

2.) Try reloading to a point before that quest appears in your journal and play through again. Avoid fast-travel of any sort while playing through that quest, and avoid taking "shortcuts". Therefore, follow all the footprints, scent trails, etc. even if you already know what to do -- don't just run to the end destination. Sometimes issues like this can arise if there are flags that weren't thrown during the quest.

3.) A weird process that works in a few instances is to save the game in a new slot, then exit to the main menu. Reload, and see if the NPC / enemy will now respond. If not, run away and transition between an interior and exterior location (where Geralt automatically starts to walk / jog), then run back to the NPC / enemy. (Doing this loads the area in a different way, and it can help out with issues like missing dialogue options / NPCs / missing mobs / etc.) If that still doesn't work, try saving, exiting to the main menu, and reloading again at this point. (Not sure if this is even possible for this stage of the quest.)

4.) If all else fails, simply quicksave and quickload over and over. Sometimes, after numerous loads, everything just magically starts working.

Top Bottom