[Bug?] Flying monsters incapacitated in water

+
[Bug?] Flying monsters incapacitated in water

I don't know if this is actually a bug or an intended feature, but here it is:

What happens: Basilisks, possibly other flying monsters, are incapacitated in the water if you shoot them so they crash in a river, lake or the sea. They don't die, because you can still hear them squawking and there is no loot, but they don't move either.
Where: It only happened once so far, but I thought it was worth reporting. It was a basilisk guarding a treasure north of Oxenfurt. I'm pretty sure it was this location (red circle): http://i.imgur.com/H3iXqA5.png
How often: Only happened once, but then again I've only shot monsters over water once.

PC specs:
EVGA GTX 970
i5-4690K 3.5GHz
MS-7821
Windows 8.1

I've had this on the PS4 version, too, same critter I think. Also happened on another somewhere, but it disappeared in the water and then appeared back in the sky a few seconds later.

This happened to me just now, PC version, shot it down over water it crashed and "died" but no loot and it keeps shrieking

I had the same problem once on PC.
It looked like it was dead, but I still heard in shrieking and there was no loot.
Cant imagine this being intended, suspect this is a bug

Did that to a Griffin that was way higher than i was.. Just stayed out in the water.. I was about to loot the chest that it was guarding and be own my merry way..

Top Bottom