Bug: Following the thread. Broken quest?

+
Bug: Following the thread. Broken quest?

FIxed!! (see latest post)

Hello. I'm pretty sure I have a broken quest. I am doing Following the thread, I am on Skelige to find Hammond. Only trouble is: my quest says I still have to talk to the supervisor, which I already did ages ago and which Lambert already killed. When I select that quest and open the map, it just shows I need to find Hammond, and there is no marker in Novigrad. I can't go back in saves, so I guess I'm screwed on this one? As a completist, this is incredibly frustrating...

Anyone got a suggestion? Very, very much obliged.

Last edited:
Have you tried simply continuing the quest (finding Hammond)? Sometimes that can fix bugged objectives.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Yes, I tried, and tried, and tried. Problem is, the trigger for Hammond isn't, well, triggered. I keep walking up to the point where the guards are supposed to start talking to you, but nothing happens.

In that case, I'm out of ideas -- unless you're willing to spoil the quest for yourself and try to skip talking to the guards (which can be done, at least when the quest works properly).
I don't have any experience with the Xbox, unfortunately. :/

Not sure if that is possible, the quest area stays in the town centre. I'll try to skip that part, see if it continues if I find Hammond, if he is actually there without me talking to the guards. Thanks anyway for trying to help. Much appreciated.

Not sure if clearing the cache helps with this problem, but I guess it's one option to try if everything else fails.

If clearing the cache means turning the xbox off of power, then that happens every night. We have a system where the power gets shut off completely instead of on standby whenever the last person goes to bed. But i'll disconnect the powerbrick regardless for a minute or so, see if that will help.

neomotion;n10818411 said:
But i'll disconnect the powerbrick regardless for a minute or so, see if that will help.

I don't have XBOX myself, so I never tried to do it. But based on this video and several topics on the internet, disconnecting the power brick is indeed way to do it.

[video=youtube;STFKT-ksYPE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STFKT-ksYPE[/video]

So, after a reload or 10 i was finally able to find Hammond and further the quest. I still finished it afterall thank God. Wouldn't know how my ocd would flare up if I weren't able to finish the quest.. ;-)

neomotion;n10858751 said:
So, after a reload or 10 i was finally able to find Hammond and further the quest. I still finished it afterall thank God. Wouldn't know how my ocd would flare up if I weren't able to finish the quest.. ;-)

Glad to hear that it finally worked =)

Top Bottom