[BUG] (Game breaking) Loading savegame will crash the game (file size smaller than 8 MB)

+
Hi guys, i attached 2 files in this thread: autosave-4 and manualsave-3

Manualsave-3 have been saved some seconds after autosave-4 and can not be loaded.
The game always crashes.
But autosave-4 can be loaded.
Every manual, quick and auto save from autosave-4 on can not be loaded.
The game will crash.

The file size of both savegames is less than 5 MB.

Please fix this.

I am playing with version 1.06 using gog as launcher. No mods and no customizations.

Attachments

• AutoSave-4.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 93
  • ManualSave-3.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
If save games crash I‘d remove them entirely (you can also make a backup first, just in case, but keeping broken save games often causes more problems for newer saves...).

Crashes can be reported here:

But again, I‘d get rid of the crashing saves first and see if that fixes it. Usually saves like that are not worth the trouble.

So what do you exactly mean should I do right now? Should I also remove AutoSave-4, which is actually working and can be loaded? So is AutoSave-4 also a corrupted save game?
Forgot to mention in initial post: Older save games (being older than autosave-4) are also affected by this glitch and cannot be loaded. I do not want to loose hours of playing time to then fall into the same trap and again loose hours of playing time. It would be nice, if someone with dev tools investigates this bug and fixes the root cause of this problem. The devs have everything they need to investigate this bug: a savegame which works and when you save again the next saves will not be loadable. It is 100% easily reproducable and should go to the devs department.
Post automatically merged:

Just created a crash/bug request with the link you mentioned:

Description:

Please load savegame autosave-4 (file size less than 8 MB). After loading just save the game and try to load the new savegame again.
Expected: savegame will load succesfully.
Current behavior: application will crash when loading.

Last edited:
Personally, I would remove the save games that don't work (and keep the ones that do work).

What is you definition of a working savegame?
is the definition of a working savegame that it can be loaded successfully?

If yes then I should not remove AutoSave-4 and play further xD.

But then the game is unplayable, because any further saved game will crash when loading.
That means that the game is somehow in a corrupted state, where it is not possible to create loadable savegames anymore.

I want to know what I did do in the game to get to this corrupted state and how i can avoid this. Or better alternative: Your company could fix it.

A working a save game is a save game you can load without crashing.

Getting rid of all broken save games might prevent later save game issues (and again, make a backup first, just in case). Of course, there's no guarantee that this approach will work (but in some cases it does).

Anyhow, if you already send a ticket to support and don't want to try it, you can also wait for a fix.

Verify/repair is the only other thing you can do that I can think of:

Or reinstalling GPU drivers as explained here:

I loaded up AutoSave4 and sure enough, there is a crash if you save right afterwards and try to load that save.

Which is odd. And my performance when loading that save was awful, which is also odd. Anyway, I decided to do some spring cleaning on the inventory, because maybe something was added through a console or what have you, and dumped most of the stuff on the ground. Then I drank most of the alcohol and ate an ungodly amount of food, and then I tried to make a manual save. And wouldn't you know, that manual save can actually be loaded, at least on my end.

Please do not ask me how or why this could possibly work, because I don't have the faintest idea. But if it works, it works.

Attachments

• ManualSave-192.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 79
Hey AvGuy, thanx for your investigation :) I didn't add something by cheats. I also tried to remove some inventory stuff (all mods and equipment and some food and drinks). This did not help to me. Then I also tried out some other approaches, which did not work like going to another location by using 'teleport'. But finally I found a work around. Just wait 48 hours ingame and save again. The new savegame then can be loaded. It is no bugfix, but atleast it helps to go on playing :)

What are your system specs? I've got over 100 hours of game time and had 2 crashes and that was before that patches

Hi, this are my specs:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER OC (8GB)
RAM 16GB
Intel Core i5-8400 @2,8GHz
SSD HDD

With this and DLSS 2.0 enabled on Quality mode i can play on highest details with frame rate of 60 Hz at Full Hd resolution.
So it runs quite smooth for me.

The first ingame crashs I got with 50+ hours of gameplay. But like I wrote in previous comment we already found a work around for this.

Just a small update: I now get this unloadable savegames over and over again. Sometimes 4 savegames in a row can be loaded then 10 savegames in a row can not be loaded. Sometimes it is really painful and currently i am loosing the interest in playing this game. I think I will just stop playing it untill it is possible to persist your current in game progress. I am really sad about this, because in general I really like the game.

Hey, guys. Thanks to Cd Project RED and Update 1.1! All broken save games can now be loaded.

But now i have another issue. I bought a new monitor with 32:9 Format and now the game looks really distorted at the edge of the display. This only happens, when I use the full width of my monitor to play. I will create a bug issue for that.

Top Bottom