[Bug] HUD causing stutter

+
Hello All,
I'm having a very annoying problem with Witcher 3. Whenever something changes in HUD I get a little 1-2 FPS drop.

This happens when a quest is updated, when I open loot window, when I switch sign with mouse wheel or keyboard or when a location name is displayed or a way point discovered. To sum up, I always get one or two frames drop when any kind of notification/window is displayed.

Except that I get high FPS and no drops below 60 most of the time. I have vsync enabled and Riva Tuner limits my FPS.

Any ideas how to fix this issue?
Thank you!

1.) Can you post your specs?

2.) What sort of drive are you using, HDD or SSD?

3.) Importantly, ensure you always keep about 20% of your total disk space free. If storage devices become too full, the file swapping that needs to happen during computer functions (especially running intensive programs like complex games) can suffer. In worse-case scenarios, it can result in instability of file corruption. In worst-case scenarios, it can destroy your file table and Windows installation, requiring a complete drive wipe, (reformat in the case of an HDD,) an re-installation of Windows.

4.) Regardless of #3, how long have you been playing that playthrough of TW3? Do you notice any slowdown in the inventory screen, specifically?

1. i7 2600K, GTX 1070, 16GB RAM, Windows 7 - I know it's old but should me more than enough for W3
2. I have W3 on separate 60GB SSD
3. I have 25% free space with fresh W3 install and 10% with mods installed, but this doesn't seem to change anything
4. I keep my inventory quite clean, I get some slowdowns with vendors who I sell too much stuff to. I started this playthrough in May 21

In general it is mostly noticeable when I run and keep scrolling my mouse wheel at the same time, never did that before and this made me start noticing other stutters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom