Bug?...Hunting a Witch...can't talk to Keira about Ciri

+
Within the "Hunting a Witch" quest, I have found Keira Metz but there is no dialogue option to talk to her about Ciri. So I'm completely unable to carry on the main quest! Please help!

I've seen from Youtube videos that there should be a dialogue option "Looking for a certain young woman"...which then opens up a discussion about Ciri and an elven mage. But this dialogue option doesn't appear for me.

Is this is a bug or was there something I needed to do/shouldn't have done before this quest. I'm part way through the "Family Matters" quest with the Bloody Baron.

Please help as I can't carry on playing the game/progressing through the main quest storyline. Thank you!

Are you playing on PC?

If it is regarding the PC version, are you playing with mods or just the vanilla version of the game? Mods can cause all sorts of issues and you might have to remove them first, if there are any installed.

Also, you can try this:

Are you playing on PC?

If it is regarding the PC version, are you playing with mods or just the vanilla version of the game? Mods can cause all sorts of issues and you might have to remove them first, if there are any installed.

Also, you can try this:

Thank you so much for your suggestions.

I started on Switch and have recently used cross save to play on PC and back again.

No mods.

The cache fix didn’t work.

If you click on „contact us“ on the website I mentioned, you can contact CDPR support directly.
Maybe the error is caused by the Switch transfer...

Thanks. I contacted CDPR support. Their assumption is that it is caused by the Switch transfer.

No fix for now - they suggested I start the game again.

I'm rather gutted. I was really enjoying it. But now I'm not sure if I'm up for reinvesting the 15 hours I've played to date.

I'm hoping there's a fix in a future version update.

I'm having the exact same issue. I also play between my PC and Switch. Hope CDPR can fix this. I really don't wanna start again.

this quest is bugged for me. When talking to Kiera, there is no dialogue option to ask her about Ciri. I have seen two posts already in the past few days with the exact same issue. Like them I transfer my save files between PC and Switch regularly and I think this might be what’s causing the bug. Any help would be appreciated. The people on the other threads were able to fix this by loading an older save but unfortunately I don’t have one old enough and I really don’t want to start from the beginning again.

this quest is bugged for me. When talking to Kiera, there is no dialogue option to ask her about Ciri. I have seen two posts already in the past few days with the exact same issue. Like them I transfer my save files between PC and Switch regularly and I think this might be what’s causing the bug. Any help would be appreciated. The people on the other threads were able to fix this by loading an older save but unfortunately I don’t have one old enough and I really don’t want to start from the beginning again.

Thread merged.

Unfortunately, I can‘t tell you anything new. As suggested before in this thread, if nothing helps, it‘s best to report it to CDPR support:https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/witcher-3/pc/sp-technical/issue/649/contact-to-support

Certainly let support know you also have this bug - but they weren’t able to help without an earlier save file.

I found this save file on reddit that was almost exactly the point I had got to in the game. I’d already progressed quite a bit through the Family Matter quest.

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/7091t9
I’ve since played for a few hours, including transfer to Switch and back, and haven’t encountered any more bugs.

Certainly let support know you also have this bug - but they weren’t able to help without an earlier save file.

I found this save file on reddit that was almost exactly the point I had got to in the game. I’d already progressed quite a bit through the Family Matter quest.

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/7091t9
I’ve since played for a few hours, including transfer to Switch and back, and haven’t encountered any more bugs.
Thank you for the save file link. I’ll give it a shot.

Edit: The save file is bascially 95% of what I did. I just have to do 2 contracts and it would be exactly the same as my progress. Thanks.

Last edited:
Same issue here, I feel like crying

Most things than can be done have been mentioned here in this thread. If the problem is caused by the transfer between Switch and PC and/or a mod, you‘ll likely need to go back to an older save game, one before the problem occured.

Or try the save game that was mentioned before (the link still seems to work).

Top Bottom