Bug in mission SOS: Merc Needed ( Help )

+
How come the two towers on the roof with hackable boxes does not give a challenge?
Just hack the box and imput one single code and everything is greenlit.

But still no door that opens. I thought this had to do with a power outage or something but no. Still stuck!

Experiencing the same bug. The mission is called "Getting Warmer" but doesn't even trigger for me when I get close to the "SOS: MERC NEEDED" symbol on the map.
This exact same thing is happening to me preventing me from getting the Westbrook achievement. I posted a thread about it. No replies.

I had to create a new character to complete this quest on PS5. I was one gig away from Platinum trophy and was unable to complete it. So I had to create a new character and play through nearly the entire story again as well as get street cred high enough to do all the Westbrook gigs over again just to finish the platinum. I am super salty. If I wasn't already so time-invested into this going for the Platinum I would have just uninstalled the game right then and there. The state that this game launched in on console is pure insanity. I just looked at the error log in my PS5 and in the 80 hours or so that I played the game, I crashed to the dashboard 51 times. That is basically once every hour and a half I played. So much time wasted due to loss of progress. Sure the game ran fine on the PS5 but the constant crashing pissed me off more than poor frame rate ever has.

Still bugged for me as of patch 1.06.

It was first just a "?" symbol on that map now it's a "SOS: Merc Needed mark"

I have gotten into the building, I even got the "Coolant" needed to help the girl, but I cannot interact with the coolant and there was no call from the beginning

Only thing keeping me from 100% the game, I made 3 support requests 1 week ago

Same boat. Went through the effort to bug myself through the wall to get inside, can't interact. Not surprised but sucks as this is my last quest.

It's not bugged from the beginning, my first attempt at this mission was around 100th hour of playtime and it was bugged. Then I checked what was the earliest save where it worked and it did after loading save file from around 25th hour of playtime.

Can confirm, I tried every save from top to bottom with 5 level less, and only at 15 lvl save quest Wako called and trigger quest. Still need to do it in main quest tho for achievement, hope for fix,

PS4, same issue. I'm trying to clean up the map before finishing the game on my very first playthrough, but this one mission is in my way. I'm torn between waiting for the next patch and giving up so I can see how the game ends.

There's an SOS job in Japantown that is unobtainable for me. I've been there, I've taken out all of the hostiles (even the ones inside the building) and the mission will not trigger. I cannot enter the building at all. None of the doors or windows give any kind of prompt, not even a "locked" prompt. Scanning them, they all say "unpowered." I was able to kill the two inside with a sniper through the walls, but even that did not trigger the mission to start for me. I've been back to this building a dozen times over the last 40 hours of my playthrough. I was hoping to 100% all of the side jobs and gigs on the map, but this one seems like it is going to stay unfinished unless there is something that I'm missing. At this point, I'm fine with spoilers if there's something special about this place.

SOS Japantown.png

To bug u need another BUG.. Its worked

There are two - slightly different - bugs:
1. No call from Wakaka & doors closed. This bug may be outflanked by your "bug tutorial".
2. No call from Wakaka, but doors are open. In that case, your tutorial does not help.

Sadly, I'm with #2. :(

There are two - slightly different - bugs:
1. No call from Wakaka & doors closed. This bug may be outflanked by your "bug tutorial".
2. No call from Wakaka, but doors are open. In that case, your tutorial does not help.

Sadly, I'm with #2. :(

The cardoor glitch also doesn´t work with #1

You can glitch into the house, but you cant do anything with the coolant - and you cant glitch out of the house again.

Hopefully this bug and the "brendan"-bug get fixed in 1.0.7 - i am at 99,99%, platform pc.

Edit: just used a "Cyberpunk 2077 Little Tokyo Achievement Save Game" (GuíasTeam website) ) & "done".

Last edited:
known bug, all platforms...

I don't know what platform you are on (it's always good to add that information), but if you are on PC please check out this information from CDPR support regarding Quest Progression Issues:
(if nothing helps, please click on "Contact Us" to send a ticket)

On this website, a similar article can be found for consoles as well.

I would except that I can't, apparently...

bug.png

Might be better to use .zip instead of .rar

And make sure the file isn‘t bigger than 25mb.

Top Bottom