Bug in quest: Where Children Toil, Toys Waste Away.

+
Hi I'm new so I can't start a new thread and this was the closest to my problem.

I'm playing witcher 3 on PS4 , version 1.62 blood and wine "where children toil, toys waste away". this is my first pass I am NOT on ng+. I've gone to the bootblack location but there is no one there. I've meditated to every hour 3 times. I've reloaded the game. nothing, no bootblack. I have zero prior saves I can return to because its not uncommon for merchants to not be there at certain times of day so when there was no one there I just assumed that was the case and left and did other quests and poi's and came back later after hours of gameplay. I've found this question on other parts of the interweb but no solution anywhere. I have finished everything else so if there is no solution then my game is over. thanks in advance

Post moved. There are, unfortunately, some issues left in the game. Whenever something like this happens, best bet is to reload to a point before the quest appears in your journal. If that's not possible, then you may simply have to abandon the quest.

Other things to try:

1.) Avoid fast-traveling, and try the quest again.

2.) Leave the area (go from Toussaint to Velen, for example), and save the game. Exit the game completely; restart the console. Load and travel back to the quest area.

3.) Reload ad-nauseum, say at least 20 times. Sometimes, things just trigger.

4.) Free up as many resources as you can on the console. Turn off streaming, messengers or overlays, background downloads, friends features, disconnect from the internet, etc. Give as many resources as you can to the game.

5.) Rebuild the database.

Aside from that, it's just a random glitch. Most side quests are non-essential, so you can just leave it and continue playing. If it's a main quest that bugs out and you cannot progress in the game, feel free to contact CDPR Support.

Top Bottom