[Bug] Incompletable Story mission: Pickup {Stealth]

+
When attempting optional mission objective during the final stage of the Escape from All Foods Factory, can not complete mission due to bad pathfinding from Jackie Wells. Jackie will not follow V through the mission exit seems to have bad pathfinding or be hitting invisible wall when attempting to leave through exit.

Player:
Corpo Life path
Got assistance from Meridith Stout to complete the mission.
Gave Royce "Tracking chip" to pay for Spider bot.
Attempted to sneak by Royce instead of Fighting him.

Can not complete mission once player has left the building, was able to speak to stout.
Objective lists "Speak to Jackie" who is behind Militech guard

Update (12/23)

Quest proceeds as normal if player manages to Defeat Royce. (Although royce's Health bar and target information does not fade from HUD when defeated)

Last edited:
Although royce's Health bar and target information does not fade from HUD when defeated
...and he's hanging around with an idle animation (sometimes with a collision box, sometimes not and sometimes he keeps on talking) after he died. And if he really looks dead, you can reload a QuickSave, to have those effects.
photomode_02012021_065036.jpg

I have the same issue. Playing on PC version 1.06. I go through the entire mission The Pickup as stealth as I can. It gives me the option to fight Royce or sneak past him. I choose sneak past him. At the exit door, Jackie continues to stay in the fight and hide behind boxes. As soon as I walk out the door, the door locks behind me and Jackie stares at me like a puppy locked in the kennel. I talk to miltech and the mission says "Talk to Jackie" who is still stuck inside. A guard posts in front of the door. Any attempt to re-enter and talk to Jackie, the guard pushes me away.

20210110003401_1.jpg
Someone posted a trick to get back into All Foods, but I don't have the street cred to buy the reinforced tendons.

On another note, all my weapons are tucked nice and neatly away and I can't pull any of them out to complete most side missions from there on out, no matter how much I Fast Travel.

As of now, I CAN defeat Royce and get out of the mission. But that's not what I want to do. So I made 2 manual saves, one with a completion defeating Royce, and one without. I am giving up the game for awhile til another fix can be done. If its not fixed when I come back, I am just completing the mission and moving on.

Patch 1.1 just came out.

Lo and Behold, the patch doesn't fix this mission. Jackie still inside chillin with Royce while I'm out here with paralyzed hands. Great patch so far.

20210123121021_1.jpg
20210123121023_1.jpg

Top Bottom