Bug: Letho Kingslayer transforms into a base copy

+
Very simple and easy to reproduce.
Letho Kingslayer transforms into a base copy of the card selected, instead of just a copy.
The cart explicitly states that it will conserve his strength, but he doesn't.

Oh, I ran into this last night but thought I'd just misremembered the card's wording.
I guess I'll grab a video of it now.

This happened to me the other night, too. Played a 6 point Lethto (because of Vesemir) copying my opponents Magne division. He dropped to 3 points when played.

Well not quite, I had a Letho played against me to copy a Living Armor that was 8 power/armor at the time and Letho changed to a 10 power card (base Living Armor).

Living armor always has power that equals its armour, so when Letho became a 5 point LA, it would have been boosted to 10 straight away as its armor strength would have been 10.

Living armor always has power that equals its armour, so when Letho became a 5 point LA, it would have been boosted to 10 straight away as its armor strength would have been 10.

I am not saying that Letho should stayed at 5 power, its ability says he "transforms into a copy" not "transforms into a base copy" like most cards do, in the after mentioned case (assuming there is a difference between "copy" and "base copy") he should be at 8 power and not at 10.

Deploy: Transform into a copy of another unit on the battlefield without changing power.

This description is misleading. Card does not work this way.

Letho does not copy statuses - not sure about armour. It rather looks like he's copying a starting form of a card, not actual unit on the board.

Just giving Letho some room in my new deck and it was a bit disappointing to not gain Shield after copying Jousted Cahir.

Edit:
Letho copies Shield from Helge(has it as a base). So either this is a bug or description is misleading.

Post automatically merged:

Issue listed so long ago, and this was still not looked into? :sad:

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Deploy: Transform into a copy of another unit on the battlefield without changing power.

This description is misleading. Card does not work this way.

Letho does not copy statuses - not sure about armour. It rather looks like he's copying a starting form of a card, not actual unit on the board.

Just giving Letho some room in my new deck and it was a bit disappointing to not gain Shield after copying Jousted Cahir.

Edit:
Letho copies Shield from Helge(has it as a base). So either this is a bug or description is misleading.

Post automatically merged:

Issue listed so long ago, and this was still not looked into? :sad:

Letho transforms into a base copy - that means the same as you see it on the deckbuilder.
The only notable exception is with Living Armour - it still works as described - but because of that card's ability it instantly becomes a 10pt unit (although boosted, not base strength like the original Living Armour)

Not really sure on evolving cards, but i think you can copy stages 2 and 3.

Hmm as I understand it he turns into a fresh base copy but then sets it's power to what his power was before transforming. Thus he would turn into a 6P/10A Living Shield and then it would be instantly boosted to 10 Points to match the armor (since that's the effect of Living Armor). :]

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yes, but his description says "transform into a copy of another unit on the battlefield", but not "transform into a BASE copy of another unit on the battlefield".

These are two very different things.

Somebody else in this thread mentioned base copy. It could be a case where the devs changed the description of the card, creating this confusion, it wouldnt be the first time.

Top Bottom