Bug: Looting

+
Anyone else have the inability to loot some things? I've noticed on some inconsequential items like food or junk lying around that just cant be picked up.
I've also noticed there seems to be a random chance that robots and drones just cant be looted, and if they can if I accidentally loot one item instead of holding loot all I will miss any other drops.

Most loot I'm unable to pick up is not on the ground but slightly underneath, the symbol is there and occasionally a fragment in sight, but the game refusses to pick it up, even if you crouch.

This said, when Caps Lock is on on PC and thus the scanner is engaged, you are not able to loot anything (which is frustrating).

Yes. I believe the "hitboxes" for loot need some work. It's an annoyance, but one I'm sure will be fixed in time.

Yeah, some of the triggers for certain objects are either offset or too small. Also found that you can loot things way too far off the sides of the crosshair to the point that you're not even really looking at the item you'd want to pick up. That and if there's an NPC, it seems that the talk function is taking priority. Also, some drones stay in mid-air making them hard to loot since apparently you need to be above them. Oh, and when dumping a body, if the body has loot in it, the loot bag that gets placed outside is also hovering mid-air.

My trick to loot drones/mechs was to slide or otherwise clip into them (because they aren't really physical when they're dead) and spam F to loot when you're inside the dead mech prop.

Top Bottom