[Bug] "Lowest" and "Highest" tooltips that are irrelevant to the function.

+
Excamples are Triss: Butterflies and Scorch. These are cards where the "Lowest" and "Highest" tooltips that indicate the spell won't apply to more than unit unit is contradictory with the actual function of the cards, which does in fact no take ties into consideration.

There are cards where this is relevant and helpful tooltip, so can we get it removed from existing cases where it doesn't apply, and not have it display on future cards for users to trial and error?

Honestly, I was just hoping the tooltip would be removed where it doens't make sense (scorch, butterflies, etc). I think the text makes sense as is - it's the highlighting of an irrelevant tooltip that adds the confusion.

I say that, because there ARE cards that use the "Highest" and "Lowest" with the same tooltips, but the tooltip actually applies to the function of those other cards. It just looks like Dev used this as a common component and it needs to be differentiated.
Post automatically merged:

In case specificity is needed :

Triss: Butterflies text reads: "Boost the Lowest allies by 1 on turn end."
The "Lowest" tooltip reads: "Lowest power, ties are resolved randomly."

If you just remove the highlighted tooltip from the card, I think no other change is necessary, because the card text for Butterflies is already indicative of what it does (because it says "allies" - plural).

Constrast this with Biting Frost for example.
Biting Forst text reads: "Apply a Hazard to an enemy row that deals 2 damage to the Lowest unit on turn start."
The "Lowest" tooltip reads (identically); "Lowest power, ties are resolved randomly."

Biting Frost behaves according to the tooltip. So in my opinion, it should stay. One could argue it doesn't need to as it's already performing according to the regular text without the need for a tooltip, but I think the tooltip was added to help clarify.

So the point is, use the tooltip to clarify if necessary, but remove it where it contradicts the function.

Last edited:
Top Bottom