BUG: Minimap sometimes disappears in interior locations

+
BUG: Minimap sometimes disappears in interior locations

It seems like after a while, the minimap stops showing the map inside interior locations. Saving and reloading the game fixes the issue temporarily.

GOG Galaxy version, 1.03

I have the same problem all the time. I thought version 1.03 fixed it, but it re-appeared.

I would like to point out that my installation is on my SSD, but the save file location is on an HDD, which is where my personal computer folders are all located (and where the game defaulted to save the game save files). I like to save often, and not sure this affects anything, just wanted to point out that one possible oddity in the installation. I don't use Galaxy, used the GOG pre-install files and patches.

I stop playing when the minimap disappears because I use it all the time to get my bearings indoors, caves, and temples. It's the most prevalent bug for me because it's the UI, can't just move on to something else as all indoor areas are affected by this once it bugs out. Surprised on the low amount of people not commenting or caring (haven't found that many threads about this).

Looks like small rooms cause the bug the most, like those small shacks in the main city. Also, firefox seems to crash right after my game bugs or crashes as well. Not sure what the connection is between the two.

Last edited:
wow the whole UI is broken .... CD read are you hiring the UI designers from GOOGLE or something ?? Cuz google UI and web designers are retards ... !

The issue wasn't fixed with patch 1.05, which is a shame. I don't even know what triggers the issue. I stop playing as soon as the interior map stops working correctly. Please fix this asap!

Bumping this up because this issue started up for me around patch 1.03. Reloading the game will not fix this issue.

It's frustrating when navigating long, maze like indoors such as caves or sewers.

Top Bottom