BUG - Missing sword impact sound effects when Geralt hits an enemy

+
BUG - Missing sword impact sound effects when Geralt hits an enemy

It's a very annoying and immersion breaking bug. Occasionally, there is no sound effect when I hit an enemy, only happens with monsters for me. Also please fix that smoke sound effect when you swing at wraiths. Hope you address these CDPR

---------- Post merged on 12-06-2015 at 04:45 AM ----------

bump.

Last edited:
Hi.
Yes, sometimes it happens to me too, I noticed that the bug stops after a strong attack.

Sorry for my bad English.

Glad I found this. Just started happening to me as well, both humans and monsters. Oddly enough it only started happening an hour or so after getting to Skellige. Still makes the normal slashing noises on kill animations though, just not on any other attacks.

It's ridiculously immersion breaking. I've tried going back a handful of saves to before it started happening, and the sound is still absent. Tried repairing the install with GOG. Might try a reinstall next.

Be happy to make a video or something if you need it CDPR.

Still there in what's supposedly 1.08.2.

Sounds of the sword hitting something vanished when I arrived on Spiekeroog. Sometimes they seemed to make a short reappearance, but all in all it's a disappointing experience now. :(

This happened to me as well recently. Made a thread about it since I though it was introduced in 1.8.03. Now I know better....

FWIW, didn't have the issue again, but I don't think I did more combat on that island. Will go back and kill some stuff to check :D

I have this issue since day 1 and it is still present. Even with patch 1.08.3, occasionally I am missing combat sound effects (hit indicator, after hitting an enemy) quite often. For me it seems completely random. This is immersion breaking as hell.

Is there any chance for a fix or at least a work around? Thanks :)

Spoiler Alert

When Avallac'h throws his sword to the ground during Tedd Deireadh, The Final Age you do not hear the sword hitting the marble floor.

Hello everyone. If you have original copy (which you should), try this. In GOG Galaxy client go to Witcher 3 and right next to Play, there is More > Manage > Verify/Repair. This solved my issue with missing sword sound. Hope it helps :).

For those on PS4, you can also try rebuilding the database. It's similar to the Xbox's clear cache function.

With the PS4 off, press and hold the power button on the console. You will hear one beep, then another 7 seconds later. Release after the second beep. Plug your controller into the charging cable, hit the PS button and scroll down to "rebuild database." This will not delete anything, it's basically file defragmentation. Also, though it says it can take hours, it never takes longer than a minute or two.

Top Bottom