Bug: MISSING_QUEST_NAME error on DLC's

+
HoS and B&W quest names are missing in Turkish Language. Base game doesn't have this bug. People say GoTY version doesn't have this bug too. But I bought game and DLC's separately and get this error in every extension quests and dialoges.

2059dd0f893db79b0e09db5b239c924a.jpg
ba406818e1599b2f0ffd9a9b6582775c.jpg

I send before wrote here. I tried every language in game. It happens only when I selected Turkish. Its weird.

It could literally be a typo in the Turkish Language Pack (a missing bracket in the text flag or something). Especially in the second pic, that looks like script that supposed to point the game to the actual "dialogue", but instead, it's printing the script.

Using any mods, or did you ever use any in the past?

I'm playing on Xbox One S and I did not install anything expect offical extensions which can be found Microsoft Store.

Sorry! Got lost in the tabs. Definitely ensure that everything has finished downloading completely. Also, just to test, start a brand new game at that point and see if it happens again.

I tried start a new game, new game+ and start as HoS and B&W also. There is no differance. I think game needs a patch. Or maybe they can take back my game and extensions back and give me GoTY. In Turkish forums I read GoTY version doesnt has this bug.

There is a patch for a GoTY version which called 1.31. You can find changelog below. I think "Corrects Turkish text." fix is about my problem. Is there a possibility of publishing this fix for the original game?

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/hotfix-1-31-now-available-on-pc.128223/
Full Changelog:

- Corrects Arabic text in the expansions.
- Corrects Turkish text.
- Repairs holes in Vimme Vivaldi's new clothes.
- Fixes long loading times in dialogues in the vicinity of Hierarch Square.
- Fixes infinite loading screen occurring during the "Pyres of Novigrad" quest when following the thief.
- Corrects credits.
- (Origin) Fixes NPC lipsync issues.

yeah thats realy sucks,maybe warn about the that bug when you buy game seperatly would be good i cant refund it now,anyway it seems they not gonna fixed either at this point, you have to buy goty if you wanna play turkish

Last edited:
yeah thats realy sucks,maybe warn about the that bug when you buy game seperatly would be good i cant refund it now,anyway it seems they not gonna fixed either at this point, you have to buy goty if you wanna play turkish

This is a marketplace concern -- it's up to Sony / Microsoft. CDPR has no way to assist with this. Players need to be aware of which language packs are available in their region before they buy a game. (I agree that there could be a better system for this, but that's the way it works for now.)

This is a marketplace concern -- it's up to Sony / Microsoft. CDPR has no way to assist with this. Players need to be aware of which language packs are available in their region before they buy a game. (I agree that there could be a better system for this, but that's the way it works for now.)
maybe way the fix the bug thats cdpr concern ? i see goty just works fine its that hard?

Players are aware of which language packs are available in their region. Thats the point. There is a bug. CDPR should fix this problem. Because bugs are developer concern.

Players are aware of which language packs are available in their region. Thats the point. There is a bug. CDPR should fix this problem. Because bugs are developer concern.

It's a really convoluted (and in my own opinion, rather annoying) series of considerations:

1.) Language packs are not "guaranteed" for any game. It's handled on a game-by-game basis. Not all games will be translated into every language. Just because a certain language is serviced in your region does not mean that a game will necessarily provide a translation in that language.

2.) The standard version of TW3 + HoS + B&W is not the same product as the GOTY edition. Yes, they are exactly the same data, but the way that MS / Sony / Steam / etc. market games, they will not recognize the two different versions as the "same game". Logically (to a human way of thinking) this may seem ridiculous, but it makes perfect sense when trying to itemize and track things on an online marketplace.

Therefore, if you've purchased the standard version, then the GOTY version gets released / updated to include new language packs, that pack is not included in the standard version. They're two different products. Even if it is kind of stupid in practice, that's the way it is. This doesn't effect just TW3, it affects all products.

3.) Work on TW3 (both the standard and GOTY versions) is done. There are no additional updates of any sort planned (as far as I know). This includes changes or updates to language packs.

4.) If you've purchased the correct version of the game, it clearly indicates that the language pack you're after is included, and the pack will not download or work correctly, please send a ticket into Support. (Simply review the FAQ section that applies and use the "Contact us" link at the end of the appropriate section.)

It's a really convoluted (and in my own opinion, rather annoying) series of considerations:

1.) Language packs are not "guaranteed" for any game. It's handled on a game-by-game basis. Not all games will be translated into every language. Just because a certain language is serviced in your region does not mean that a game will necessarily provide a translation in that language.

2.) The standard version of TW3 + HoS + B&W is not the same product as the GOTY edition. Yes, they are exactly the same data, but the way that MS / Sony / Steam / etc. market games, they will not recognize the two different versions as the "same game". Logically (to a human way of thinking) this may seem ridiculous, but it makes perfect sense when trying to itemize and track things on an online marketplace.

Therefore, if you've purchased the standard version, then the GOTY version gets released / updated to include new language packs, that pack is not included in the standard version. They're two different products. Even if it is kind of stupid in practice, that's the way it is. This doesn't effect just TW3, it affects all products.

3.) Work on TW3 (both the standard and GOTY versions) is done. There are no additional updates of any sort planned (as far as I know). This includes changes or updates to language packs.

4.) If you've purchased the correct version of the game, it clearly indicates that the language pack you're after is included, and the pack will not download or work correctly, please send a ticket into Support. (Simply review the FAQ section that applies and use the "Contact us" link at the end of the appropriate section.)

1) Of course not all games will be translated into every language but Witcher 3 has Turkish language pack. I played this game with turkish translate. If you open the language settings you can find Turkish in this menu.

2) If the HoS and B&W not support my language why can I select Turkish? If you are right there must be a bug. So I choose right version dont worry about it. Marketplace and CDPR says this game has Turkish language.

3) I only want. Developers and company choose update or not update. But there is a bug.

4) I still send a ticket dont worry about it too.

1) Of course not all games will be translated into every language but Witcher 3 has Turkish language pack. I played this game with turkish translate. If you open the language settings you can find Turkish in this menu.

2) If the HoS and B&W not support my language why can I select Turkish? If you are right there must be a bug. So I choose right version dont worry about it. Marketplace and CDPR says this game has Turkish language.

I'm responding because I'd like to help you try to sort it out, but you still haven't addressed the considerations I raised above. If you could answer each of the questions below, I can tell you if your best bet is to take it up with CDPR, your marketplace, or both:

1.) Did you purchase the GOTY edition, or did you purchase the Standard edition, then HoS and B&W separately?

2.) Where did you purchase each item. (Meaning, if you bought the Standard edition + DLC, did you buy them all in the same region? If not, that could very well cause an issue.)

3.) Are the Turkish language packs indicated in words on the product description for the specific content you purchased / own. Are they available for download from the product(s) page(s)? This would be the critical thing to figure out, as if they are not available on the product page, there's nothing CDPR can do about that, you'll need to take that up with the marketplace.

The only situation that CDPR could likely assist with is if all the following are true:
  • Your purchases offer the Turkish language packs on their store page.
  • You have successfully downloaded and installed the packs for all parts of the game.
  • The game either does not recognize them as being installed, or they are recognized but fail to play.
If that's the case, send in a Support Ticket. (This is a Community Forum, there's no official assistance for that type of thing through the forums themselves.)

If the situation is anything other than that, you'll need to talk to the marketplace you purchased the games from and see if they'll be willing to let you transfer your keys over to a region that offers the language packs. Just be aware -- I'm not sure about this, but it may be the situation -- that there may not be any Turkish language packs for the Standard versions of HoS or B&W. It's possible that the packs only exist for the GOTY edition. If that's the case, there's nothing to be done but ask for an exchange of products. (If the game was purchased electronically, I think that would be a reasonable request, but again, that's something you'll have to handle through the marketplace.)

ne diyor bu ingilizcem yetmedi,oyunu ayrı dlcleri ayrı alınca, dlc'nin dilinin bozulup goty'de sorun olmadığını anlamış mı?

Hi i bought witcher 3 and after almost a year i bought expansion pass but in the dlc there is something wrong it doesnt working so i looked at the forums and i see it is a bug fır everyone who took expansion pass and also there is no bug for goty edition should i took goty edtion too if thats the situation i don't have money for goty edition please help me

Last edited:
Top Bottom