[BUG] [PC] [1.5] Gig: No Fixers (Iris's car and Dakota's garage objective)

+
This is a new one since 1.5. Iris gets into the car no problems now (used to be an issue but seems fixed) but now when you drive the car into Dakota's garage it refuses to credit you for this optional objective. It doesn't trigger at all. You subsequently lose out on the bonus. I've driven in every way I can try (it used to trigger as soon as you drove in, no issues - I've done this mission about 4 times now).

Anyway, I gave up and just took the hit. There's no lasting impact thankfully. Just a few fewer eddies.

Images below show me in the van with Iris, well and truly in Dakota's garage but the objective remains red:

1645056170919.png

1645056365195.png

1645056408378.png

Last edited:
After taking out all the wraiths, Iris gets in her van and let's me drive her to Dakota's garage. I had the "Park Iris' car in the garage" objective highlighted, so I don't miss it. But when I drive into the garage, the objective doesn't update that the car is in the garage. During convo with Dakota, Iris speaks as if V left it behind.
To be clear, this is not the same bug from before the most recent update, where Iris just won't get in the car.

You can't park the car, if I'm right ?
You can report it to the support if it's not already done (with a save and screenshot if possible).
(If I remember, a forum member manage to fix it by trying to take screenshot for the report. But I don't know how...)

Hello fellow edge runners,

as long as the issue persists, i believe i have a workaround for you guys. the issue seems to be that the trigger fields for Iris and the car are out of alignment. if you drive in slowly and carefully it checks off Iris but decides you didn't bring the car. instead of driving slow stop about 10 meters in front of the garage and put the pedal to the metal while driving in. crashing in like this checked both iris and the car off on my list.

Just encountered this issue and made a forum account to report *after* sending a support ticket in. I came to see if anyone else had this problem and what workarounds they found for it.

I have:

- Reloaded my Save to as far back as I can go and the issue occurs no matter where I start the save (before we get in the car, before I take the quest, and even before I even enter the badlands) - same issue.

I reloaded my save to before I ever entered the garage and checked Fl4shblade's workaround (stopping 10 meters from the garage and speeding as fast as I can cashing in), max speed is in the 30s.

-Second attempt drove the car between the trash and further back to at least 40M to build speed - still can't get it to check; might be an angle.

-Repeated this multiple times, reloading each time.

-Tried rolling in backwards (speeding as fast as I can)

-Tried staying in the car/ getting out of the car, nothing.

(made videos but they were too large for to attach. So attached screenshots from one of the clips. They're all pretty similar; just clips of my car crashing into the garage at different angles, through different doors, backwards, forwards, as high of speed as the car can get) But since Fl4shblade got it to work I'll keep trying to see if anything registers eventually. I want that reward >.< worst case scenario I might reload to before I did the quest entirely and just wait for a fix or more clarification on workaround. (Maybe I'm speeding in wrong).

Alternatively I have Wolvenkit's CET and if anyone knows a command that will get it to register I'm down for giving it a try.
Post automatically merged:

UPDATE:

I got it to work!!!

-The magic distance for me was 30M with speed of 39~40MPH, anything LESS than that did not work. *Additional Note* It has to be that speed the MOMENT you cross the line into the garage, not after.

-I started at the Garage Entrance and aimed my car so as to avoid hitting trash people (I needed more distance than 10meters to pick up higher speed than 38s) - it will not work below a certain speed!!

-I had to restart/reset my vehicle a few times as running into people, trash in that small space was difficult.

-Was able to repeat this success 4x back to back, anytime I went below 39 entering the garage it would not work.

P.S. throwing grenades at my vehicle didn't work, lol I tried punching the car from the border of the garage; also no cigar for me.

Key: You need JUST enough distance (for the way 'you' drive) to get speeds high enough to hit approx. 39-40!

Attaching a Screenshots of What Didn't Work for me (the speed) and what Did Work for me (the speed).

Good luck!

Update 2.0

Here are two additional videos for anyone who wants to see what does/doesn't work:

What Worked:

What does not work:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 76
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 67
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 74
  • 4.png
    4.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 75
  • Doesn't Work1.png
    Doesn't Work1.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 71
  • Doesntwork2.png
    Doesntwork2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 69
  • Doesntwork3.png
    Doesntwork3.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
  • Doesntwork4.png
    Doesntwork4.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 71
  • Doesntwork5.png
    Doesntwork5.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • Doesntwork6.png
    Doesntwork6.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 80
  • Doesntwork7.png
    Doesntwork7.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 93
  • Works1.png
    Works1.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 77
  • Works2.png
    Works2.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 80
  • Works3.png
    Works3.png
    2 MB · Views: 74
  • Works4.png
    Works4.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
  • Works5.png
    Works5.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
  • Works6.png
    Works6.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
  • Works7.png
    Works7.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 74
  • Works8.png
    Works8.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 83
  • Works9.png
    Works9.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 86
  • Works10.png
    Works10.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Okay I think my explanation was lacking some factors. I aligned myself with the garage so that I could drive straight in. i wasn't at an angle so that could also be a factor. also i might have understated the distance, not sure on that.

Hello fellow edge runners,

as long as the issue persists, i believe i have a workaround for you guys. the issue seems to be that the trigger fields for Iris and the car are out of alignment. if you drive in slowly and carefully it checks off Iris but decides you didn't bring the car. instead of driving slow stop about 10 meters in front of the garage and put the pedal to the metal while driving in. crashing in like this checked both iris and the car off on my list.
I did actually try this but it didn't work so I guess I just didn't get the goldilocks zone :D

I will try this on my current play through (my fourth now... had to try a knife build out and it's awesome :))

I had this bug too.
I reloaded the game and found that once you are in the garage with the van, and with Iris following you. You can not leave the garage, which of course, makes dealing with the 2 turrets interesting, because if you have not delt with them before, you will have to inside the garage.
The first time, I passed out of the garage doors and Iris says something about sleeping on the way to Dakota's, once you hear that, you will not get credit for taking the van.
Currently, I figure you have to have Iris in tow, and once you are in the garage, you go straight into the van, you cannot leave the garage unless you and Iris are driving out of the garage, with the van.

I had this bug too.
I reloaded the game and found that once you are in the garage with the van, and with Iris following you. You can not leave the garage, which of course, makes dealing with the 2 turrets interesting, because if you have not delt with them before, you will have to inside the garage.
The first time, I passed out of the garage doors and Iris says something about sleeping on the way to Dakota's, once you hear that, you will not get credit for taking the van.
Currently, I figure you have to have Iris in tow, and once you are in the garage, you go straight into the van, you cannot leave the garage unless you and Iris are driving out of the garage, with the van.
You're not describing the same issue. What you describe is an old issue that, so far as I can see, is now fixed (it didn't happen on my last play through post 1.5 at least).

I'm not talking about getting into the van at the Raffen site. I'm talking about getting out of it at Dakota's garage.

The only bug I was aware of pre 1.5 was Iris not getting in the van, and teleport follows the van until 1/2 way there abouts, then gets in. But you still get credit for driving the van to Dakota's.
Otherwise I was on topic, maybe I sucked at writing it out, but I can say Iris has no problem entering the van, just the moment you walk out of the garage, before entering the van, now it kills that optional part of the quest.

I just completed it and weirdly, no problem at all. I simply entered in the garage slowly and the objective was completed :(
But unlike of many screenshots that I saw, I drive in first person only. So it could be a good idea to try in first person view instead of third person view (or it could be a "PC only" bug, which is also possible) :)
02-03-2022_13-42-26-lue411m5.jpg

Have the same issue. None of the above helped :( PC. :((((

Even if I set the save fact "ina_06_car_delivered" to 01 or 02 the game doesn't count/read it. ;-)

Last edited:
Just encountered this issue and made a forum account to report *after* sending a support ticket in. I came to see if anyone else had this problem and what workarounds they found for it.

I have:

- Reloaded my Save to as far back as I can go and the issue occurs no matter where I start the save (before we get in the car, before I take the quest, and even before I even enter the badlands) - same issue.

I reloaded my save to before I ever entered the garage and checked Fl4shblade's workaround (stopping 10 meters from the garage and speeding as fast as I can cashing in), max speed is in the 30s.

-Second attempt drove the car between the trash and further back to at least 40M to build speed - still can't get it to check; might be an angle.

-Repeated this multiple times, reloading each time.

-Tried rolling in backwards (speeding as fast as I can)

-Tried staying in the car/ getting out of the car, nothing.

(made videos but they were too large for to attach. So attached screenshots from one of the clips. They're all pretty similar; just clips of my car crashing into the garage at different angles, through different doors, backwards, forwards, as high of speed as the car can get) But since Fl4shblade got it to work I'll keep trying to see if anything registers eventually. I want that reward >.< worst case scenario I might reload to before I did the quest entirely and just wait for a fix or more clarification on workaround. (Maybe I'm speeding in wrong).

Alternatively I have Wolvenkit's CET and if anyone knows a command that will get it to register I'm down for giving it a try.

UPDATE:

I got it to work!!!

-The magic distance for me was 30M with speed of 39~40MPH, anything LESS than that did not work. *Additional Note* It has to be that speed the MOMENT you cross the line into the garage, not after.

-I started at the Garage Entrance and aimed my car so as to avoid hitting trash people (I needed more distance than 10meters to pick up higher speed than 38s) - it will not work below a certain speed!!

-I had to restart/reset my vehicle a few times as running into people, trash in that small space was difficult.

-Was able to repeat this success 4x back to back, anytime I went below 39 entering the garage it would not work.

P.S. throwing grenades at my vehicle didn't work, lol I tried punching the car from the border of the garage; also no cigar for me.

Key: You need JUST enough distance (for the way 'you' drive) to get speeds high enough to hit approx. 39-40!

Attaching a Screenshots of What Didn't Work for me (the speed) and what Did Work for me (the speed).

Good luck!

Update 2.0

Here are two additional videos for anyone who wants to see what does/doesn't work:

What Worked:

What does not work:
So I did this mission on my latest play through and got it to work. I just drove in super fast at an angle like you suggested and the van wedged in here:

1646431099424.png

It was super akward to get out (had to spam exit and it eventually booted me out) but it worked and the two mission targets went green at the same time.

I'd just suggest aiming for this spot and driving as fast as possible ather than driving in normally. Although maybe it's fixed or random now.

Hi,
I had the same issue. I tried ramming the car in, as well, in the same spot as in the screenshot. I had no luck until I lowered my framerate as much as possible with the MAXFRAMERATE option, and then it worked (while ramming it in the spot in the screenshot). It might be more consistent that way.
Hope this helps.

Top Bottom