[Bug ?] Playing witches with Henrietta

+
I'm not quite sure it is a bug, I need your thoughts:

I ve just lost a game with Anna Henrietta, playing the witches (Brewess, Whispess) from my opponent's hand. The damage / buff did not increase.

But maybe the counter is only increasing if you have the card in your starting deck

It is not a very common situation so I guess it is worth a post... not to be forgotten in CDPR support limbs

*crones
What did the numer in brackets say? If it said plays for [4] or plays for [6] then in my opinion it should play for what it says. At least that's how it works with blue dream.

"Create and play" and not: take the exactly same card with same specs from your opponnents hand. Thank god, else the leader wold totally oblirate handbuff decks.

I'm ok with that. The thing is that I played all the 3 crones using Damian, if I read the description corectly the damages should increase.
This is an interesting one. I guess that the “create and play” disregards any comlex rules of the cards created but in your scenario it should give you the benefits of actually playing one crone after another even though not directly from your hand. But who am I to provide complex rulings. That’s for the developers.

I think it must be a bug. There is no reason card synergy shouldn't work as the cards describe it.

As others have pointed out, create and play creates a clean base copy without any additional parameters, like buffs or counters.

As others have pointed out, create and play creates a clean base copy without any additional parameters, like buffs or counters.
But the text says: Increase ... if you played...” So if you created and played one, recharged leader’s ability and then created and played another you effectivelly played one after another and the increase should trigger in my opinion. The card text doesn’t say “... if you played from your hand or deck ...”

Last edited:
[...] the increase should trigger in my opinion

The explanation makes sense; both sides have arguments to reinforce their standpoint. This ambiguity is usually a bad thing for mechanics and should be clarified. However, for a fringe case like this, learn through trial and error.

Top Bottom