[BUG][QUEST][BLOCKER] Door in sidequest "reason of state" doesn't open

+
[BUG][QUEST][BLOCKER] Door in sidequest "reason of state" doesn't open

Hi, in the sidequest "reason of state" I can't open the door to the warehouse were I'm supposed to meet Dijkstra, Roche and Thaler. The door shows an interaction text to knock but nothing happens if I press the interact button.
View attachment 58731View attachment 58741

Location on the map
The problem door ;)

[Steps to reproduce]
I don't have a save that's even close so I can't try it in a reasonable amount of time but I probably caused that bug when I first knocked on that door but jumped away before they opened and talked to the guard in front of the warehouse to the right who had a quest (warehouse of woe) so I first finished that mini quest in the other warehouse. After that I couldn't open or knock on the door to proceed with the reason of state quest. (The same applies to the door on the other side of the building.)
I couldn't upload my save file as an attachment (it gives an "invalid file" error) so I uploaded it to my dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bikzsozsr21hup6/ManualSave_105a8e_7e02e400_3b32c8f.sav?dl=0
Thanks in advance for your help with a fix.

Attachments

• 20160626154320_1.jpg
    20160626154320_1.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 1,132
  • 20160626154152_1.jpg
    20160626154152_1.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 553
Welcome to the Forums, megapro125 and Nyshkin!

Best bet for any remaining bugs of this sort is to restore to a point before the quest appears in your journal and play through again.

If using any mods, uninstall them all and see if the problem continues. Especially mods that alter the geometry of the gameworld or mods that affect fast-travel in any way are notorious for introducing such issues.

In general, if having trouble with a quest, avoid fast-travel of any kind while playing through the quest itself. Just Roach it to wherever you need to go.

Alternatively, the game can be very particular about placement for certain interactions. Try knocking on the door from different angles and distances.

If all else fails, it could simply be a hiccup in the engine. Try the following:

1.) Save right at the door before you interact with it.
2.) Exit to Windows and reload the game. Try again.
3.) If it doesn't work, or if the activation icon simply disappears -- wander off, transition between an internal / external location and back again, then return to the door and try again.

​​​​​​​Let us know how that goes!

Guys, I spend like two real long days of research on this :
With the console open (on azerty FR : the "ù" or "%" key, on US it's "~"), type this

Code:
addfact(mq3035_fdb_open_door)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom