[BUG] Quest Marker near Crow's Perch with no quest giver to be found any where

+
[BUG] Quest Marker near Crow's Perch with no quest giver to be found any where

View attachment 52791

The exclamation marker appears out of nowhere in the middle of the pond and there is no way to get rid of it or activate it since there is nobody there but a bunch of nekkers that I killed and still nothing.

Attachments

• 4oRPk5p.jpg
    4oRPk5p.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 2,085
Last edited:
Thanks to the findings of a great modder named Wolfmark, apparently this is a bug in the quest named Hazardous Goods. The second time you meet the guy, he asks you to put him out of his pain. if you don't accept killing him he will wonder around and curse you. but you can actually approach him again and he will glitch and you can, this time, choose to kill him. this will result in having both entries of not killing him and killing him in your journal and also creates that pin on that map. So if you want to not have that pin next time you meet him Kill HIM. don't let him go and then reload a save or even approach him afterward. KILL HIM. and you'll avoid this bug. HOPE this helps everyone else with this issue and a BIG thanks to WOLFMARK for his investigation and finding.

If you're not using any mods, go ahead and send this into CDPR Support. Just confirming -- you are running the latest 1.22 patch, correct?

YEs I am using version 1.22 and this bug happened when i was on 1.21 and even when I updated the game to 1.22 the bug was still there with the marker. aside from using the mod friendly hud which had nothing to do with the bug and there were other cases being reported on the other forums no. I dont use any other mods. If that satisfies the conditions, how would i go about sending the save file to the cdpr? is there an email i can send it to or should i just upload it as a zip attachment on this forum? also I dont have a save file at that exact spot or location when it happened i kinda moved on with doing other quests but the marker is still sitting in that pond and the journal is glitched that shows the two scenarios with the poor guy regarding that quest.

Quest Marker Bug (Possible)

Wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar problem...

I came across an (!) just north of Troll Bridge and southwest of Crows Perch in Vellen. Of course when highlighted on the map it states a quest is available. So when I get there, it is a small puddle of water but no one is there. I thought maybe I was there at the wrong time of day so I meditated for different times of the day with no luck. I also did a search of the area thinking the (!) might be in the wrong spot, but still no luck. I just wanted to see if anyone has come across this same quest marker and if they have had the same problem with it, or with any other quest markers.

Thanks Guys/Gals

I don't remember this one, but NO - every yellow mark worked so far.

Can you post a picture from that location with that exclamation mark?

Maybe i haven't discovered it yet!

Well, i went to that spot but haven't fount any yellow mark.

It seems i have done that quest already or it will trigger at a later time, or maybe it's somehow broken.

Sorry, that i can't help you any further with that.

Five games and I have never seen a marker there? ???

So I guess it's a bug if nothing happens when the marker is there. You also checked the place with witcher senses?

I appreciate all the replies to my post and will just chalk it up to just another glitch....Thanks again guys

I will also check the link you provided above.....

Has anyone found a fix to make this quest marker disappear? Or is it permanent?

thanks!

Last edited:
I am playing version 4.04a and this is still happening. I immediately agreed to kill him and the quest symbol is still there. Hazardous Goods is marked as complete in my journal.

Top Bottom