[BUG] Repeated minimizing to Desktop

+
[BUG] Repeated minimizing to Desktop

Hi everybody,

first of all i'd like to let you know that "The Witcher" is an awesome game! Liked it since the first part :)

Let me come straight to my bug/problem:

during gameplay sometimes and not reproducable the game is minimizing to desktop. I am able to continue it just by pressing alt + tab or windows-key. There is no explicit action happening in the game which might cause it as it is happening during cut-scenes, travelling on the horse, combats or just walking around.

I have read in some forums that other users have this experience (impartial of their client version or which dlc they are playing). A mentioned temporal bugfix is to close all overlay programs like Asus GPU Tweak or similar programs. I even face that bug when closing Geforce Experience or GOG Galaxy Client.

Here are my system specs:

Windows 10 Pro (latest updates)
16 GB RAM Crucial Ballistix Sport
Intel i7 2600k @ stock frequency
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Mainboard
Asus Nvidia Geforce Strix GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5 (latest ndivia drivers from geforce experience)

I experienced that problem also with my Asus Strix GTX 960 wi had before so i suppose it has nothing to do with my GTX 970.

Is there any hint from anyone? Shall i also post my graphic settings if its cohesive to them?

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Regards

Yeah it happens sometimes.

Right click refreshing on desktop and then opening the game again works for me.

For sure your "solution" works but its annoying as this happens way often. A constant fix would be better as i am also playing with Nvidia Shield Controller or streaming to TV with Nvidia Shield and always have to walk to my PC to open the game again. I guess the programers didnt had that in mind :)

Happens to me too. Happens rather rarely for me to be honest. When it does happen though it can be annoying, but at least it's not like the game is crashing or anything. So no biggie!

Top Bottom