[Bug Report] Certain Cutscenes Have Broken Physics

+
Spoilers.

In the scene where Geralt first finds Ciri, her dagger sometimes wiggles like crazy. Happens in other scenes too, where objects attached to NPCs almost vibrate, but that is the biggest scene where it happens.

Example:

Super old bug, still saw similar earlier this year.

We definitely need more info regarding your PC. Also keep in mind that mods can cause all sorts of issues and in some cases it‘s best to try different gpu driver versions. Lowering some of the settings can also be worth a try.

We definitely need more info regarding your PC. Also keep in mind that mods can cause all sorts of issues and in some cases it‘s best to try different gpu driver versions. Lowering some of the settings can also be worth a try.
I have a 10700k and 3080, I am using Halk's HD reworked but keep in mind the video shared is not mine, and I believe I have seen the bug in console youtube videos. I am fairly certain this bug has existed since launch and never been patched. I will try and find more videos with the issue.
Post automatically merged:

Found some more.
From PC youtuber xLetalis:

Another youtube video:

This one is played using a controller but it could be PC or Xbox, not sure

Last edited:
Well, it‘s hard to say. Never noticed that very issue in my playthroughs on PC. Then again, I never played with high settings and things like that usually don’t bother me much in games. Still, it‘s possible that some older gpu drivers might improve the issue.

In general, as mentioned in the other thread, we‘ll probably have to wait for the next-gen update for TW3.

The support website is here by the way:

I recall this issue. I seem to think it may be linked somehow to the frame rate, but I'll need to retrace my steps to locate the exact information.

Looked about a bit. . .

You might try this, if you can: Set Vertical Sync to On or Adaptive in your GPU's 3D settings control panel. If this does not work, you might also try adjusting the Max Frame Rate there for Witcher III to 58 or 59. No guarantees, but one of these may help.

I will check it out. That being said, I am fairly sure it happens on console which is locked to 30, and way back when when I did some 30/60 fps testing I recall it not fixing the problem when SPOILERSSPOIELRS Ciri is knocked on the ground right before Geralt is unfrozen.

Also, I always play Vsync On

Top Bottom