Bug Report: Graphical Moire Patterns (large-scale interference effects during movement)

+
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen

Very early during the game I have noticed strange graphical moire patterns happening on specific places and textures, mostly on the floors and grounds.
I am running the game in borderless windowed mode, Ultra-Preset with RTX on and DLSS put to Quality running on an RTX 3090 with Nvidia driver v460.79. I have tried different options without success of getting rid of those strange graphical interference patterns (They only seem to disappear when putting everything down to low). I think this is a bug that can only be fixed by the dev team.

I can confirm I don't have this issue on other games (tested with Per Aspera, The Witcher 3 and Starcraft 2).

To show you what I mean, I have taken a few screenshots of the patterns (No worries, pictures are spoiler free!).
Please note that all screenshots have been taken while moving with the character! It won't happen when there is no movement. I have taken the screenshots using Greenshot.

Check the weird waves on the floor:
2020-12-11 22_45_34-Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED.png

Looks like oil on the floor:
2020-12-11 22_47_58-Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED.png

Very visible waves/moire patterns here like a huge interference:
2020-12-11 22_50_38-Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED.png

And even visible on some NPC's outfits:
2020-12-11 22_50_02-Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED.png

Am I the only one experiencing this issue? I would like to ask for some feedback if anyone else is having this problem? I would like to be sure that it's not just me, my GPU is failry new and I would have to find the culprit otherwise.

Cheers
TalentX

I saw the same thing on my end. In addition to that I've been noticing "ghosting" or something of that effect creating an after image of anything in motion. You can clearly see an image of the tailpipes blow the tailpipes. I turned dlss off and rtx off and still seeing that. =\
1607728418605.png

I saw the same thing on my end. In addition to that I've been noticing "ghosting" or something of that effect creating an after image of anything in motion. You can clearly see an image of the tailpipes blow the tailpipes. I turned dlss off and rtx off and still seeing that. =\
[...]
So I am not the only one it seems... thank god I thought something is wrong with my card :giveup:

Regarding the ghosting problem:
Did you try disabling Chromatic Aberration in graphics settings?
I don't recommend using this post processing effect anyway, it is causing colorful ghosting on purpose. This might be the culprit on your end for the ghosting issue.

Top Bottom