[Bug Report] Johnny dialogue and subtitles stuck forever on safe file load after Automatic Love

+
Pretty sure this can occur on with any other dialogue that's being played, probably timing specific on top of that. However, this is massively irritating. Basically one of Johnny's lines keep playing at any point after i load my save file, resulting also in his corresponding subtitles to be stuck on screen, forever, it's never removed after loading in other missions, other convos occur, etc...

Platform: Series X
Repro Rate: 1/3 playthroughs
Steps to Repro:
  • Start the automatic Love main mission
  • Reach Lizzy's bar, when Johnny appears and in the middle on that line, save and quit
  • Load up that same save file
  • Observe that Johnny will spill out that line and that subtitle will be stuck on your HUD

Attachments

• 2021-02-08_9-46-13_AM-2101v03n.jpg
    2021-02-08_9-46-13_AM-2101v03n.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 69
Before this gets patched there's a fix:

Bug happens because Johnny's dialogue was cut of at some point. Before patch you can:
Go to Claredon St. on the south-west corner of Watson
or go menu, subtitles, disable subtitles, go back to game, return to subtitles menu and enable them again.

I recommend first solution though, as it should fix issue with that dialogue permanently.

Bug happens because Johnny's dialogue was cut of at some point. Before patch you can:
or go menu, subtitles, disable subtitles, go back to game, return to subtitles menu and enable them again.

I recommend first solution though, as it should fix issue with that dialogue permanently.

For your second solution, you dont need to go back into the game. Just a quick turn off and on again of the cinematic subtitles does the trick, for me at least.

thanks a lot for both works arounds, that worked! :D

For your second solution, you dont need to go back into the game. Just a quick turn off and on again of the cinematic subtitles does the trick, for me at least.
Didn't work for me when I had the issue weeks ago. I had to disable and enable the subtitles each time I loaded the game. Issue went away eventually.

I mentioned something similar happening on my XB1 loads the other day - looks like it's the same line/subtitle from the pic.
The subtitle workaround mentioned works temporarily, but it comes up again randomly regardless. Bugger all I can do about the spoken line, however.

Subtitles are a general problem on XB1 tbh... Both the cinematic and "above head" subtitles will pop up for no reason, randomly, even though both are turned off.

(Unrelated) Pretty sure film grain doesn't work either... even though I turned it off, it still looks grainy as hell, esp. in a car. The interior/road etc)

Top Bottom