[BUG REPORT] Witcher 3, PC version, v1.32

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
[BUG REPORT] Witcher 3, PC version, v1.32

Summary:
There is a dent in the sea near the docks in Novigrad in front of the warehouse. The witcher will swim through the air as if there were water.

Expected result: no dent in the water, the witcher swims through the water.
Actual result: a dent in the sea filled with air, the witcher swims through the air as if it were water.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to the location shown in the screenshot.
2. Jump into the water.
3. Try to reach the wall by swimming to it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 260
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    621 KB · Views: 162
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    667.9 KB · Views: 153
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    560.9 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
I've not encountered that particular gap in Novigrad before. You might try verifying/repairing your game. Steps for different platforms as follows:

GOG.com: 1. Launch GOG GALAXY and log in with your GOG.com account. 2. Choose the game from 'Owned games' tab. 3. Click 'Customize' button (to the right of "Play" button) > Manage installation > Verify / Repair

Steam: 1. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu. 2. Select the "Local files" tab and click the "Verify integrity of game cache..." button. 3. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

Origin: 1. Select the My Games in Origin. 2. Right-click on the game. Select "Repair Game."

Epic Games: 1. In the Library section, navigate to the game and click on the three dots. 2. Click Verify in the drop-down list. 3. It may take a few minutes to verify all the files.

Files have been verified. The glitch persists.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 110
Nope. This is a barebone Steam version with two expansion packs: Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine.

I believe there's a mod on the Nexus that hunts down texture / mesh issues like this and finds ways to cover them up:
Ay, and I've used that one myself -- though, I don't recall this particular spot ever being an issue, since it's so near the dockside.

Ay, and I've used that one myself -- though, I don't recall this particular spot ever being an issue, since it's so near the dockside.

If not...nuts. My suggestion will be utterly worthless. Never used it myself. I handle such things kind of like Geralt in-character:

(Stares at huge whole in water under docks.
(Grunts.
(Moves along.)

Hello good morning I need help with a bug in witcher 3, what happens is that in the mission Posecion where cerys is unconscious, the door that leads to the basement does not load its texture which makes it seem invincible and the key cannot be used, even if i load a save file from the beginning of the mission, nothing happens, which means i can't continue in the story. I'd like to know if anyone knows the mission id to use the command console to skip this mission, unfortunately. (I must say this is the second time I have finished this game, only now I am playing it on PC) ps: sorry for a part of the text that is not coherent is that I am using google translator.

Attachments

• 20210410_172149.jpg
    20210410_172149.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 91
  • 20210410_172032.jpg
    20210410_172032.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 74
Hello good morning I need help with a bug in witcher 3, what happens is that in the mission Posecion where cerys is unconscious, the door that leads to the basement does not load its texture which makes it seem invincible and the key cannot be used, even if i load a save file from the beginning of the mission, nothing happens, which means i can't continue in the story. I'd like to know if anyone knows the mission id to use the command console to skip this mission, unfortunately. (I must say this is the second time I have finished this game, only now I am playing it on PC) ps: sorry for a part of the text that is not coherent is that I am using google translator.

Using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

Hi, I have an issue with the mission Get dressed and talk to the chamberlain.
well. I pick up the dress and when I going to inventory and equip my dress, my game keep says not responding to the task manager and crashing, I did not install any mods in-game folder.My gpu driver updated last version , windows 10 updated last version , my gpu:gtx850m 4gb ddr3-ram:16gb ddr3 -cpu:corei7 4510u 2.00ghz . look at this picture

Attachments

• Capture23.JPG
    Capture23.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Capture788.JPG
    Capture788.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 56
Hi, I have an issue with the mission Get dressed and talk to the chamberlain.
well. I pick up the dress and when I going to inventory and equip my dress, my game keep says not responding to the task manager and crashing, I did not install any mods in-game folder.My gpu driver updated last version , windows 10 updated last version , my gpu:gtx850m 4gb ddr3-ram:16gb ddr3 -cpu:corei7 4510u 2.00ghz . look at this picture

This likely has nothing to do with any hardware or drivers. Sounds like an issue with the installation.

1.) Using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past with that playthrough?

2.) Verify / repair the game via GOG / Steam / Origin.

3.) Ensure the game is not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86). Also, add the entire installation folder to the exclusions list of your firewall, antivirus, etc.

Let us know if anything changes!

1. i have no mods installed on my game folder.
2. alright,let me, i do it verify my game on steam , if it works, i tell you soon .ty for answering me sir
Post automatically merged:

This likely has nothing to do with any hardware or drivers. Sounds like an issue with the installation.

1.) Using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past with that playthrough?

2.) Verify / repair the game via GOG / Steam / Origin.

3.) Ensure the game is not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86). Also, add the entire installation folder to the exclusions list of your firewall, antivirus, etc.

Let us know if anything changes!
Dear CdProjectRed Support. I Do it system verify Cache On my steam, did not help it.

Last edited:
Has anyone encountered this bug while haggling or setting bet amount when playing gwent. If so does anyone know how to fix it? I play on PC, and have never had this problem before, even when playing with mods.
The Witcher 3 11_09_2021 18_55_51.png

Last edited:
Has anyone encountered this bug while haggling or setting bet amount when playing gwent. If so does anyone know how to fix it? I play on PC, and have never had this problem before, even when playing with mods.
View attachment 11253595
Not here. That definitely looks exactly like the sort of thing that can happen when I'm using a mod, then remove it, and continue playing.

Have you ever used something that altered money, trading, bartering, or Gwent itself in any way?

Not here. That definitely looks exactly like the sort of thing that can happen when I'm using a mod, then remove it, and continue playing.

Have you ever used something that altered money, trading, bartering, or Gwent itself in any way?
Thanks for advise :), removing and reinstalling a couple of mods solved it.

(He runs out of the tent, still pulling on his gloves, whistling for the guards on duty to rouse the camp. He carries his staff as best he can under one arm.)

Battalion ready! Form ranks! Form ranks!

(Around him, the camp groggily gets to their feet as the trumpets begin sounding the alarum. Paladins stagger out of their bedrolls, stumble toward their weapons, and begin to form what could certainly be referred to as a "line" in a general context. One yawns widely, then reaches up to close the visor on his helmet.

(He finishes pulling on the glove, trips over the staff a bit, takes his place at the head of the gleaming troops, and stands at attention with the rest.

(Before them, there are a handful of zombies milling about. A single skeleton seems to have gotten caught in the roots of a tree, and is just sort of wobbling in place. Threateningly, though.)

Meh. It's still necromancy.

(He gestures to the first line of paladins, who saunter out, still yawning and stretching. A few short chants. A couple flashes of light. One sneeze. Badda-boom, badda-bing. Praise the divine...and all the undead are gone.)

Feel free to create a new thread, if you wish! Also remember that the forums are not Official CDPR Tech Support; this is a community board. You can submit an official ticket here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom