Bug Reports - Witcher 3 NextGen Version

+
Hello everybody! Please make sure to report all the bugs and glitches to the official support team. It's the only way to ensure that the issues will be looked at.
You're sure ? :giggle:
(I didn't report anything on TW3 for now... I'm quite lucky, I didn't encounter anything special yet^^)

so there is a bug i have, geralt wont load in along with other npcs idk what happened i played it month ago and it was ok now it all lagy and nothing will load up
1673541742092.png

so there is a bug i have, geralt wont load in along with other npcs idk what happened i played it month ago and it was ok now it all lagy and nothing will load up
View attachment 11341504

If you are playing with mods it could be mod related as some mods are not compatible with the next gen version. If you haven't done this yet, you can also try verify/repair:
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...l/issue/2324/verify-integrity-of-game-files-2

Updating gpu drivers is another thing you can try.

If nothing helps please click on "contact us" to send a ticket.

i dont play with mods and there are no updates for my gpu
Post automatically merged:

If you are playing with mods it could be mod related as some mods are not compatible with the next gen version. If you haven't done this yet, you can also try verify/repair:
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...l/issue/2324/verify-integrity-of-game-files-2

Updating gpu drivers is another thing you can try.

If nothing helps please click on "contact us" to send a ticket.
i dont play with mods and there are no updates for my gpu

Last edited:
Hello there!

Coloring forgotten grandmaster wolf amor level 40:
I don't have read everything, maybe some other users found out that recoloring the new forgotten grandmaster wolf amor is not possible. If you wanna use colors and you have all 4 amor items equipped, it says only that the color is not usable for this amor. I can recolor the other witcher amors without problems. Can't say if the lower levels of the forgotten amor is colorable but I guess not.
Playing on PC, Complete Edition, German Patch 4.0, no mods using except the ones included in Patch 4.0

Cutscene Audio Bug:
On the way to Kaer Morhen with Uma, only Geralt speaks but the nilfgardian troops move only their lips.

Endurance while running:
Geralt can run endlessly at high speed because endurance is no more running down as with Patch 1.32

Playing PS5 version 4.00 in performance mode. More floating paper signs with no pole or tree behind them. Locations marked on the map. @DC9V Will you post this to the support page as well? For some reason, when I click the link, it just takes me back here.
FmSgtJxXkBQg9Pu.jpeg

FmSgswkXkAgrTme.jpeg

FkjM_mSWIAAXaDS.jpeg
FkjNoYNXgAISSt5.jpeg

Also, don't forget the bugged-out missing table where the map should be placed.
FkjPE2eXoAEpaWt.jpeg

FkjPIL-X0AE7-Ti.jpeg

Last edited:
@DC9V Will you post this to the support page as well? For some reason, when I click the link, it just takes me back here.
No dedicated category for visual issues like there is for Cyberpunk, but this one should be fine ;)
("Contact Us" button, one issue/bug per report)

Hi!
I have this bug in the Inventory, it appeared a couple of times in the playthrough but just for a moment and then it went away, but since I reached Novigrad and spoke to a merchant It's permanently there, even if I restart the game.

The Witcher 3 Screenshot 2023.01.13 - 17.03.58.01.png

I play the Pc Steam NG version with some mods shown bellow.
My Pc has GTX970 4Gb, I7-6700k 4GHz and 32Gb RAM.

Capture.JPG

Anyone knows what may cause it?
If you need more info just ask.
Thanks

Last edited:
My game crashes every time i get to the top corner of the map, at Novigrad, by the mansions. Can anyone help? :(

Attachments

• witcher crash.png
    witcher crash.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 28
Update on Foglet trophy stash transfer issue:

The Foglet trophy, which could not previously be transferred to stash, can now be transferred. Not sure why.

Update on EIABs not blocked for fist fights:

A Dangerous Game (Caesar Bilzen's home) - no longer a fist fight (dwarves have weapons)
The Play's the Thing (Hire Sofus the Bull) - all blocked
A Matter of Life and Death (Vegelbud drunk) - all blocked
A Matter of Life and Death (Vegelbud maze) - all blocked (except EIAB_Signs not blocked by design)
Cabaret (Hubio) - all blocked
Cabaret (Rautlec's house) - all blocked

Destination: Skellige (Steingrim) - EIAB_DrawWeapon, EIAB_Signs, EIAB_SwordAttack not blocked.

It's possible to fail the 'teach Steingrim a lesson' objective by killing him, and his dog will attack if you draw a sword, with possible unforeseen consequences later? He will also draw a weapon in some circumstances if you do, but in others he just cowers in fear.

Update on unlocked doors:

Able to gain access to Vegelbud Manor via the rear gate during A Matter of Life and Death, obtaining secondary clues one shoud not have access to for the quest Carnal Sins. Unsure if this has any effect on that quest later. This doesn't appear to have any effect on the quest later. Cabaret has been started, but not initiated at 'talk to Dandelion'. Carnal Sins has not been started, but clues are highlighted.

One side-effect of this seems to be to spawn Witch Hunters around Dandelion at the Thyme & Rosemary, before starting the conversation for Cabaret. Or possibly, this was simply an intended consequence of completing 'Now or Never' at vegelbuds. In any case, no explanation is given for this apparent turn of events.

During the quest Cabaret, Dandelion is banging on an open door (Hubio's). You can freely walk through this door without obtaining the key, and cannot 'open' it to progress the quest without saving and reloading the game, then closing and opening the door. There is one other dynamic quest, in the Novigrad slums, where some Witch Hunters are banging on a family's open door, but it triggers as you approach, no progression issues.

Update on 8gb vram bug:

I have not been able to trigger this bug since, but I have not progressed much. Even after closing all processes, gpu still had 4gb allocated for some reason until system reset. Graphics options seem to work without halving FPS either.

Quest bug (another unlocked door bug):

Carnal Sins - cannot examine clues where the woodcarver died. Bonfire cannot be examined at all, while chair and eyes indoors can be examined, but provide no commentary and do not update the quest. You can omit this location for this particular quest chain and still complete it, but this portion seems broken. Saving and reloading the game does not resolve the issue.

The door the warehouse is unlocked by default, although it should not be. Sometimes, the dialogue option to have his brother open the warehouse door does not appear. Furthermore, you can ask him to open the door before examining the bonfire. After asking him to open the door, if the option is available, several more clues appear, and all can be examined, except the bonfire. There is no quest update after examining the area (except bonfire) notifying you to speak with his brother to open the door.

This seems to only occur if the site where Priscilla was attacked is examined first. Or, it may have something to do with the order in which clues were examined. I was able to resolve it by reseting the quest chain and examining this location first.

The thugs during Carnal Sins (Whistling Wendy) are not tagged 'main_quest_opponent', and are instead tagged 'q308_wendy_thugs', presenting yet another condition for issues related to swapping of weapons and fists...

Audio issue: Ever since encountering the Guard, during this sequence, or at some point during the Carnal Sins quest, most music has been replaced with a 'chase' loop, similar to combat music.

Last edited:
My game crashes every time i get to the top corner of the map, at Novigrad, by the mansions. Can anyone help? :(
Do you use mods (or did you used) ?
At first, I would suggest to verify the game files in case.

If I equip the Piercing Cold mutation, during the casting of the Aard sign, the hair on Geralt will revert to the "non Hairworks" version.
If I switch to any other mutation, the Hairworks functions no problem during the Aard casting.

I remember this bug from the non next-gen version, and it seems to be in the next-gen version too.
Dont't know about the consoles, but it's definetively present on both of the PC versions.

Come on CDPR, this can get sorted out with a simple hotfix, or if some kind soul has the time to make a mod that fixes it.

Last edited:
Hi!
I have this bug in the Inventory, it appeared a couple of times in the playthrough but just for a moment and then it went away, but since I reached Novigrad and spoke to a merchant It's permanently there, even if I restart the game.

View attachment 11341717

I play the Pc Steam NG version with some mods shown bellow.
My Pc has GTX970 4Gb, I7-6700k 4GHz (Lightly OC) and 32Gb RAM.

View attachment 11341720

Anyone knows what may cause it?
If you need more info just ask.
Thanks
I did the Verify Integrity of Gamefiles and it didn't solve it.

I think I've seen this reported a couple of other times on this thread... a bunch of the plant textures on PC are not rendering properly for me, they look cut-off/flat. The brownish/straw one is used all over the place so it's really immersion-breaking to see this blocky/flat grass everywhere. I've tried verifying my game files and even completely re-installing the game. Happens on both DX12 and DX11. I have the game on steam.
The Witcher 3 Screenshot 2023.01.14 - 19.44.23.49.jpg

I think I've seen this reported a couple of other times on this thread... a bunch of the plant textures on PC are not rendering properly for me, they look cut-off/flat. The brownish/straw one is used all over the place so it's really immersion-breaking to see this blocky/flat grass everywhere. I've tried verifying my game files and even completely re-installing the game. Happens on both DX12 and DX11. I have the game on steam.
From what I read for some who encounter the same issue, it was due to a mod previously installed (on the previous version of the game - 1.32).
hd reworked mod if I remember, like on this thread :
As you can see on the OP screenshot, it look very similar to what you see in your game

If you used it previously (or other one), be sure that there is no remaining data of this mod.

Top Bottom