Bug Reports - Witcher 3 NextGen Version

+
Well,it is quite strange that I cannot upload the PS4 saves to the cloud,version is updated to 4.0, already login and accept shareing saves in different platform by using "L2". There is a cloud icon on new saving blank positon,but nothing happened after using it,the new record is still in local without cloud icon. I am not sure whether it is a bug or missing something. any help? thank you. Chinese versionView attachment 11335090View attachment 11335093
You're well connected to your GOG ?
(using the QR code or the link)
sure,I double checked logout and login again,the same result.

Well,it is quite strange that I cannot upload the PS4 saves to the cloud,version is updated to 4.0, already login and accept shareing saves in different platform by using "L2". There is a cloud icon on new saving blank positon,but nothing happened after using it,the new record is still in local without cloud icon. I am not sure whether it is a bug or missing something. any help? thank you.
Your last save was created in 4.0 ?
I think only saves created in 4.0 can be shared (a save created on a previous version can't).
So load a save, save again (to create a new one in 4.0) and then, this save will be shared on the cloud (automatically).

Does anyone see the font tag in dialogue options like here?
IMG_20221218_085932.jpg

Steam couldn't detect playtime, overlay, idk about achievement but maybe that too, game currently played but won't recognize on friends, the button n the Steam stays as PLAY and not STOP even tho i already playing the game.

Edit : nevermind i found the solution i have to run as admin for both Steam/Redlauncher and the game it works now.
Screenshot 2022-12-18 151517.png

Last edited:
Your last save was created in 4.0 ?
I think only saves created in 4.0 can be shared (a save created on a previous version can't).
So load a save, save again (to create a new one in 4.0) and then, this save will be shared on the cloud (automatically).
yes,from the save file picture it is 4.0. my ps4 version and ps5 version games are installed in the same ps5,is this a possible reason? or network problems? if so any method could I check it?
I log in the GOG and there is no game under my account ,because I bought game from Ps store,so nothing help from GOG.

my ps4 version and ps5 version games are installed in the same ps5,is this a possible reason? or network problems?
Not sure, but I doubt. About network, the same, I doubt (maybe except if you have a very "slow" connection, I guess).
I log in the GOG and there is no game under my account ,because I bought game from Ps store,so nothing help from GOG.
Yes, you didn't buy the game on GOG, but not required (all versions can be linked to a GOG account, but won't be displayed as "bought" game).
To be sure, in the menu, when you clic on "Reward", the two sets of armor are displayed (also the option to deconect and accept) ?

Normally you should see your rewards like that if your game is well linked and connected to your GOG account.
18-12-2022_13-55-46-rguwd5cu.jpeg
And then the game sould automatically upload the last manual, automatic and check point saves like that (but only one of each). For me, it's almost instant, but if you have a "slow" connection, you maybe have to wait a little to let the game upload the saves.
18-12-2022_13-56-10-h2ozucry.jpeg
Post automatically merged:

Does anyone see the font tag in dialogue options like here? View attachment 11335294
Nope :(
Which platform ?
Did you try to change the subtitles size in the settings in case ?
(Menu > Display > HUD)

Last edited:
On PC when Anti-Aliasing is turned on (TAAU or FSR2) when it's raining, there is almost no raindrops shown on the screen. This is especially problem when it's night and dark, during the day it's a little bit better, but still not perfect.

First picture is how it looks, second is how it should look.

Attachments

• TAAU.png
    TAAU.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 97
  • AA-off.png
    AA-off.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Do you have the link to reporting a bug? I can only find the link for reporting crashes. Hopefully people are reporting these bugs, and someone from CDPR is monitoring this forum (and this thread in particular).
I did report it here

Enabling Ray traced shadows causes a memory leak and the framerate drops to unplayable within about 20 minutes.

Двигаясь по карте, я замечаю множество мест с багами текстур. Некоторые летают по воздуху местами как входы в пещеры, где-то торчат из земли, а кое-где Геральт немного проваливается под них. Это было проблемой еще до Nexgen. Как решить?
1671428068409.png
1671428106809.png

Not sure, but I doubt. About network, the same, I doubt (maybe except if you have a very "slow" connection, I guess).

Yes, you didn't buy the game on GOG, but not required (all versions can be linked to a GOG account, but won't be displayed as "bought" game).
To be sure, in the menu, when you clic on "Reward", the two sets of armor are displayed (also the option to deconect and accept) ?

Normally you should see your rewards like that if your game is well linked and connected to your GOG account.
View attachment 11335375
And then the game sould automatically upload the last manual, automatic and check point saves like that (but only one of each). For me, it's almost instant, but if you have a "slow" connection, you maybe have to wait a little to let the game upload the saves.
View attachment 11335378
Post automatically merged:

Nope :(
Which platform ?
Did you try to change the subtitles size in the settings in case ?
(Menu > Display > HUD)
On PC, I changed all available font size but same result

I originally played alternating between my Switch and my PC (from Steam). I checked and it looks like I never synced my saves to Steam after finishing the main campaign. However, when I went to my Switch, I see two different copies of the game; one shows as version 3.7 and one shows as 3.8. The 3.7 copy is listed as "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition" and has my previous saves. The 3.8 version shows as "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" and does not have my saves. However, both versions fail to connect to Steam if I try to upload/download my saves; it throws an error that "The page cannot be displayed" and has a button to "Return to previous page" which brings me back to the general Cloud Saves menu. I can log into GOG and upload there, but I then still don't see it in the Steam client. (Haven't checked the PS5 yet, since I also own it there... GOG and Xboxs are the two places I don't.) This is rather confusing and I'm n9t sure how to resolve it; I'd like to play through the 2 DLCs on my PS5.

Movement Delays in Witcher 3 Nextgen for PC.

Symptom: When turning the camera 180 degrees and trying to make Geralt move the camera often hitches and Geralt will not move for a noticeable time. Maybe not quite a full second but enough to notice and ruin immersion. This occurs very frequently and is easily repeatable. Users besides me are reporting this in a steam forum. https://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/3731826212313771663/

Additional Observation: This happens no matter what kind of FPS I am getting. I have a RTX 3090 and with RT my performance is strained but playable. If I take RT off I get really nice FPS and this problem still occurs. Switching Nvidia reflex on or off does not solve it. Playing with camera settings does not solve it. Some have suggested input latency and others say its a bug with the camera. Some people think its the animation. I lean a bug related to the camera as my input latency is fine otherwise and the camera hitching I think is related and preventing the animation from beginning on time.

Steam and other Overlays do not function in the DX12 version of the game. There is a workaround floating around the internet about renaming a DLL in the DX12 folder. I tested and it works. Unsure what other impact this could have but the movement delay bug is present whether I have this DLL or not .

Cannot load saves if you change graphical settings. Not extensively tested. I can confirm I could not load saves when changing RT options before trying to load a save. I had to put the exact RT options I had back from when the save was taken to load the save. Not only would the save not load it would cause a crash to desktop during loading.
I am living in ground hog day, ps4 with new down load, does not save manually or auto. I keep coming back to same story and have to re set my screen. Deleted and re installed. Right back to square one and started a fresh, I can't get over level one. Getting fed up with it

I originally played alternating between my Switch and my PC (from Steam). I checked and it looks like I never synced my saves to Steam after finishing the main campaign. However, when I went to my Switch, I see two different copies of the game; one shows as version 3.7 and one shows as 3.8. The 3.7 copy is listed as "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition" and has my previous saves. The 3.8 version shows as "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" and does not have my saves. However, both versions fail to connect to Steam if I try to upload/download my saves; it throws an error that "The page cannot be displayed" and has a button to "Return to previous page" which brings me back to the general Cloud Saves menu. I can log into GOG and upload there, but I then still don't see it in the Steam client. (Haven't checked the PS5 yet, since I also own it there... GOG and Xboxs are the two places I don't.) This is rather confusing and I'm n9t sure how to resolve it; I'd like to play through the 2 DLCs on my PS5.
I believe that on switch, there is an issue to connect to Steam (page can't be displayed). Knowing that the Switch version will receive an update too and saves created on previous version of the game can't be loaded on the new version (4.0 - PS4/5-XB1-Series S/X-PC). So even you were be able to connect to Steam, you certainely wouldn't be able to load them on PC. So in short, on Switch, better to wait the update.
Normally between PS5 - PC, it should work :)
(just need to be connected/linked on the same GOG account)

Двигаясь по карте, я замечаю множество мест с багами текстур. Некоторые летают по воздуху местами как входы в пещеры, где-то торчат из земли, а кое-где Геральт немного проваливается под них. Это было проблемой еще до Nexgen. Как решить?
Please write in English here on the English parts of the forum. If you prefer to post in Russian, that forum is here. In general, language of the forums can be changed by scrolling down the page.

Every time i play i enter nvidia experience and reset to recommended settings. then i load my save and manually turn on RTX global illumination. works well with no crashes. but bad performance still.

i have 16gb ram and geforce 3070. Only about 60fps. 1440 resolution.

fyi

My Witcher 2 save didn't import correctly ..... I allowed Letho to live but he didn't show up in The Fall of the House of Reardon quest. Cripes I played the game 6 weeks ago just so I could do this and have Letho at Kaer Morhen and it doesn't even work anymore.

MAJOR disappointment

Movement Delays in Witcher 3 Nextgen for PC.

Symptom: When turning the camera 180 degrees and trying to make Geralt move the camera often hitches and Geralt will not move for a noticeable time. Maybe not quite a full second but enough to notice and ruin immersion. This occurs very frequently and is easily repeatable. Users besides me are reporting this in a steam forum. https://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/3731826212313771663/

Additional Observation: This happens no matter what kind of FPS I am getting. I have a RTX 3090 and with RT my performance is strained but playable. If I take RT off I get really nice FPS and this problem still occurs. Switching Nvidia reflex on or off does not solve it. Playing with camera settings does not solve it. Some have suggested input latency and others say its a bug with the camera. Some people think its the animation. I lean a bug related to the camera as my input latency is fine otherwise and the camera hitching I think is related and preventing the animation from beginning on time.

Steam and other Overlays do not function in the DX12 version of the game. There is a workaround floating around the internet about renaming a DLL in the DX12 folder. I tested and it works. Unsure what other impact this could have but the movement delay bug is present whether I have this DLL or not .

Cannot load saves if you change graphical settings. Not extensively tested. I can confirm I could not load saves when changing RT options before trying to load a save. I had to put the exact RT options I had back from when the save was taken to load the save. Not only would the save not load it would cause a crash to desktop during loading.
updating this. the movement delay happens when Geralt is at a complete stand still and then starts to move. The camera then starts adjusting automatically and Geralt won't move it seems until the camera is done doing whatever it is trying to do. If Geralt is already in motion I don't notice delays.

Top Bottom