Bug Reports - Witcher 3 NextGen Version

+

apart

Forum regular
Hey all,

Photo Mode can show a permanent "Vignette" effect if you have turned off "Vignetting" under "Options > Video > Graphics". Turning this back to "On" removes this. I've tested it both on DirectX 11 and DirectX 12.

1671049578945.png
1671049622914.png

1671049600241.png
1671049663024.png

I hope this helps some people solve this issue if they come across it!

Skellige gambeson is still muddy green in new update

Attachments

• The Witcher 3 Screenshot 2022.12.15 - 00.19.38.78.png
    The Witcher 3 Screenshot 2022.12.15 - 00.19.38.78.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 523
Movement Delays in Witcher 3 Nextgen for PC.

Symptom: When turning the camera 180 degrees and trying to make Geralt move the camera often hitches and Geralt will not move for a noticeable time. Maybe not quite a full second but enough to notice and ruin immersion. This occurs very frequently and is easily repeatable. Users besides me are reporting this in a steam forum. https://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/3731826212313771663/

Additional Observation: This happens no matter what kind of FPS I am getting. I have a RTX 3090 and with RT my performance is strained but playable. If I take RT off I get really nice FPS and this problem still occurs. Switching Nvidia reflex on or off does not solve it. Playing with camera settings does not solve it. Some have suggested input latency and others say its a bug with the camera. Some people think its the animation. I lean a bug related to the camera as my input latency is fine otherwise and the camera hitching I think is related and preventing the animation from beginning on time.

Steam and other Overlays do not function in the DX12 version of the game. There is a workaround floating around the internet about renaming a DLL in the DX12 folder. I tested and it works. Unsure what other impact this could have but the movement delay bug is present whether I have this DLL or not .

Cannot load saves if you change graphical settings. Not extensively tested. I can confirm I could not load saves when changing RT options before trying to load a save. I had to put the exact RT options I had back from when the save was taken to load the save. Not only would the save not load it would cause a crash to desktop during loading.

i munnnnnreport BUG
game is so beautiful that i not want play it for not feel bad when it finish.
amen.
Geralt Of Rivia junior.

Had I not seen your post moments ago, I would have been very confused now that I can finally access the photo mode. So thanks a lot!

The first bug I found I wasn't able to cross a bridge near the "Ransacked Village" on horseback because I hit an invisible wall but was able to get across on foot and call Roach. When I tried to cross the same bridge again about 10 minutes later there was no problem

The second bug was more of a problem because after getting stuck in a T-pose I had to go clear back to the quest giver and do everything over again. However I couldn't get the error to repeat itself. Quest was Devil by the Well

Sharpening setting is bugged: in DX11: you can not disable it in game, only force in user.ini file (for some reason 1 = disabled, 0 = low and 2 = high). in DX12: you can disable in game but Low and disabled are also swapped.

Anyone else getting audio issues in Skellige when it storms? In place of thunder I get an annoying buzzing sound for however long the thunder audio was supposed to last. Changing audio setting doesn’t seem to help. Also happens when using headphones. Playing on series X

Transfered my 100% complete save file from ps4 with all trophies to my series x booted up the game and only got 600/2000 gamerscore this is frustrating please fix this

I cannot access any manual saves post update on my PS4, also I cannot use any spell casting (it occasionally lets me cast igni, but it is random). As a result the game is unplayable until it is patched. Im on level 29, I dont want to start over.

Just signed up for this forum in the hopes that the developers will take note of bug reports here. I've got a thousand hours in The Witcher 3 so I know the game inside out, and these are the issues I've noticed playing the next-gen version so far:

- There's a delay on movement with keyboard at times.

- VERY low-res textures appear on some minor NPCs. Sometimes higher res ones pop in—sometimes not.

- Two pieces of music play on top of each other during the White Frost and boss fight sequences while in the Elven ruins with Keira. On my last attempt a wolf randomly appeared in the White Frost room after the portals had been closed and Keira's fainting cut scene was over.

- The ability to "Examine" gets stuck on and no longer requires the witcher senses to be active.

- Consumables go invisible in their HUD slots, though they can still be used. They will only become visible again if the player goes into their inventory, removes the items from their slots, and then puts them back. This "reminds" the game that it's supposed to display them on the HUD.

- You can't interact with the blacksmith in Blackbough a lot of the time and only saving the game and reloading it fixes the issue. I seem to remember this happening with other blacksmiths as well, and not just the now fixed one at Kaer Trolde.

- If Letho is alive but you visit the piggy temple before Reardon Manor, Geralt says his lines of dialogue for finding the traps at the manor in the temple, specifically when swimming in the pool on the right hand side of the temple.

The latter three issues were present prior to the update—I'm reporting them here in the hopes that they will be fixed while the devs are still doing some fixing.

Last edited:
My list of bugs with the next gen update

Don't have mission in Lurtch
Don't have message on signboard for mission in Orenton or Honorton, Honorton still abandoned village
Game crashes fast traveling to Skellige
Used my last game save to explore new content. Did have mission at Devils Pit

I don't see any question marks or completed location markers on the Map. Only markers that are shown are Signposts, Completed Places of Power and Artisans.

Geralt beard turn black when Hairworks is on.
1671261715516.png
And ciri is looks wierd after fight against "wolf king"
1671261823469.png
using no mods.

As you can see in the left corner below, when I select the Turkish language, Chinese elements are seen. It's not a big deal but bug is bug
1671262986909.png

Although I know this has been present since vanilla Witcher 3. I still don't see why they haven't fixed uneven beard growth after some time being clean shaved? The mustache is long and the rest of the face is pretty much clean shaven. I have a picture I found to demonstrate what I'm talking about.

This is a bug/glitch in I think all platforms? PC, Xbox, and PlayStation.

Attachments

• 1801-0-1468275414.jpg
    1801-0-1468275414.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 240
Skellige gambeson is still muddy green in new update
That's actually an old change, I forget when but even in the old 1.32 version this was happening
Post automatically merged:

really odd bugs aside from the performance being bad:
- for some reason when I changed some graphic settings it disconnected my controller and i could then only use my mouse and keyboard until i turned my controller off and back on again.
- Geralt in the inventory screen has this weird almost television static texturing all over him, it's more obvious when you move him around. I will try and post what i mean in a screenshot.
2022-12-17_0124_1.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom