[BUG] Roach Missing Mane in Hearts of Stone

+
Roach mane bug

My horse got no mane in skeligge and its black instead of brown but when i warp to novingrad or velen its back on roach and brown color again anyone else have the same problem lol ?

Last edited:
Lets al use paint and paint it pink, i have similar problem but only in skeligge he transforms into black and no mane xD

I'm on my second playthrough. I just landed on Skellige once again and he's back to the original brown horse. Then again, upon calling Roach it seems that he defaulted to a black horse without mane.

Yeah, Roach lost her mane and her color changed. I can also jump on any horse now..
LOL. You can hump on any horse since release.

It is worse than that, actually. Roach keeps changing from Brown (with mane ok) to Black (bald as a baby's butt) depending on where I am in the world. It is Black in Skellige and Kaer Morhen and Brown in Novigrad and Velen. Wonder what it would be in Vizima! (lol). Currently I'm level 28, finishing Kaer Trolde quests before going for Ciri and I've been awarded a Black Mare in Skellige after winning all the races. Wish I could keep it anywhere. Plus, Eskel's Scorpion in Kaer Trolde in Black like Roach but has its mane displaying in full glory. (Hairworks on btw. Haven't tried with it off but I'm guessing it is not that the problem with the bald Roach)

Same here. At first loading previous save fixed this, but then Roach became black and bald again. Nothing helps really. I'm still in Novigrad/Velen area, haven't reached Skellige yet

Same problem here as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0IYmZUsSUc knew it came with heart of stone, atleast i can continue playing knowing that, i'll just have to roleplay Roach have horse aids or something and is slowly dying.

Like I posted earlier, Roch is Bald Black for me only in Skellige and Kaer Morhen. In Velen/Novigrad it is back to Brown with a beautiful mane. At least that. About to start HoS and I'll have the Brown hairy Roach for that. But this need a fix. I wanted the Black horse with mane, like Eskel's, after all it came as a quest reward and I love black.

Like I posted earlier, Roch is Bald Black for me only in Skellige and Kaer Morhen. In Velen/Novigrad it is back to Brown with a beautiful mane.

To me it is the other way around, black and bald in Velen and Novigrad, the normal brown in Skellige.

So what we do know is that the different zones somehow affect Roach's textures and model? damn i pity cdprojektred, hopefully this will be fixed in an upcoming patch for heart of stone

Same problem here as well but I used a save from starting a new game with the Hearts of Stone expansion and used that for starting a New Game + and suddenly had a black roach which is also missing its mane.

maybe we can manipulate it, if someone goes to skellige, then to white orchard to see if he turns black and bald then to novigrad, and if you are not experiencing it in velen you go to white orchard then skellige, i can't check if that works since im still early in my playthrough and can't go to skellige yet. if it only affects some in skellige and some in velen however we know this problem have more teeth than we think, if someone can check that please im sure cdprojektred would be happy that we are testing it to make the job easier.

---------- Updated at 03:21 PM ----------

Same problem here as well but I used a save from starting a new game with the Hearts of Stone expansion and used that for starting a New Game + and suddenly had a black roach which is also missing its mane.
My theory might be right then since he started with new game plus, my Roach was normal in white orchard, have you gone to Velen yet? keep going (no rushing of course, no true rpg gamer rushes a new playthrough hehe) and see if he turns normal when you reach Velen.

maybe we can manipulate it, if someone goes to skellige, then to white orchard to see if he turns black and bald then to novigrad, and if you are not experiencing it in velen you go to white orchard then skellige, i can't check if that works since im still early in my playthrough and can't go to skellige yet. if it only affects some in skellige and some in velen however we know this problem have more teeth than we think, if someone can check that please im sure cdprojektred would be happy that we are testing it to make the job easier.

---------- Updated at 03:21 PM ----------

My theory might be right then since he started with new game plus, my Roach was normal in white orchard, have you gone to Velen yet? keep going (no rushing of course, no true rpg gamer rushes a new playthrough hehe) and see if he turns normal when you reach Velen.

He did turn normal once I left Vizima but then once I loaded the game again, it turned back to the black Roach with the same missing mane issue. I doubt this will get patched since a lot of cosmetic stuff like this never gets patched but there is a mod which changes Roach's model into other horses so maybe you can use that? http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...er3/ajax/moddescription/?id=44&preview=&pUp=1 I didn't use it but you could try this out, I guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom