[BUG] Roach Missing Mane in Hearts of Stone

+
Well Roach is not black anymore, but she has no mane.
Great...
check earlier in the thread, a guy said the mane returned once he did something, check earlier in the thread

---------- Updated at 05:56 PM ----------

Well Roach is not black anymore, but she has no mane.
Great...
check earlier in the thread, a guy said the mane returned once he did something, check earlier in the thread

After release 1.11 Roach returned original color, but still without mane.

Last edited:
Saving and then loading that save does fix it temporarily ... but it happens quite frequently (happened 3 times today) and breaks immersion! So don't call the issue fixed IT is still a BUG and should be fixed by CDPR. Seems to happen (to me atleast) when i fast travel and then call roach...

Saving and then loading that save does fix it temporarily ... but it happens quite frequently (happened 3 times today) and breaks immersion! So don't call the issue fixed IT is still a BUG and should be fixed by CDPR. Seems to happen (to me atleast) when i fast travel and then call roach...

I can confirm, this issue definitely is NOT FIXED! I am getting the problem all the time, even after I have completely re-installed my game on a new Windows 10 installation.

BUG Mane of roach still missing

I thought that bug of missing mane of roach was solved with 1.12
After some time playing the game the mane of roach is gone.
Anyone having the Same issues?
X1 1.12

Xbox One? I'm on PC so this will be not that accurate, but you might try it out

The missing mane bug was fixed in the previous update (unless 1.12 brought it back?), there's probably just some leftover codes that's circulating somewhere. if so you just need to overwrite your savefile, exit the game and load back in with that savefile. This fixed it for me when I had this very same bug last year. If this doesn't fix it you probably need to start a new game up to the point when you're getting Roach, save a new file, exit the game and load back into you're existing save file where you had the bug. if the bug is still there try overwriting again over your new save file and exit the game.

Already tried to startup a new game and its still there
Actually mane is back when the game is restarted (X1 restartet) or map is changed. Must be something temporary saving issue whatever. Really don't understand why CD doesn't get such stupid bugs fixed. My horse looks ridiculous...

So did you fix it by restarting the console? Or is it just temporarily and the mane is gone once you change to a different location? I'm not familiar with the Xbox One, but is there an option to verify or repair the installation folder?

Actually it seems to appear sporadically. But it takes always a longer time playing. Not sure what the trigger is. Maybe the often you whistle for roach. To solve, need to change map, or during Story when roach is spawned or console is restarted.

Yes, it's not fixed. When I'm calling in Roach, more often than I'd like it appears without the mare.

Saving and loading solves it, though.

I tried turning off Hairworks, lo and behold my horse had no mane. So yes, this is not fixed. But it seems to be tied to the regular hair and not the DX11 tessellated hair, which explains why it's more common on consoles. Let me know if someone have Hairworks on and is still experiencing missing mane. It would be interesting to see what's triggering this bug. Workaround for this is to save and load.

@Marcin Momot
@Thorin49
@Vinthir

Last edited:
Done!
I loaded up my save and Roach got her mane back, so it's really a crapshoot to get her to come without that mane. It's very random.

Edit: Just realized that I forgot to add this thread in the description, damn it. Doesn't seem like I can edit the ticket either. Guess I'll just wait until I get a respond so that I can link it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom