[BUG] Ruined Inn, Skellige - Abandoned Site Icon Missing & Quest Issues

+
oh, thats the better thread for: Same Problem, killed all sirens, not people come back. Version 1.22, PS4

Skellige Abadoned Site: Ruined Inn, I can not clear it out :/

Only today I discovered White Orchard Abadoned Site with the Ghouls Finally worked.
But now I found another one.
Yes I cleared out the Monster Nest already, Yes I tried to teleport away to Novigrad, Saved closed Game Loaded and walking Back to the Site, Yes I killed all the Wraiths.
I can NOT use an earlier Save cause it was 3 Hours late until I noticed it.

The search function in the forum is really weird and can't wrap my head around it.
I found some posts on Google on this matter but nothing Worked.

Any Ideas?

Occasionally, the game will not spawn all of the required enemies when you first encounter the "clear the site" area. If you leave the spot and do some other stuff for a while far enough away for that area to unload, then return 30 minutes or so later, the missing enemies may have spawned.

If that doesn't fix it, then go ahead and send the issue and a save into CDPR Support. (I always have trouble with one of the roadside shrines in White Orchard, but if I visit it enough times, it usually sorts itself out.)

The problem is still there in V1.31 (PC). Can't clear the abandoned site, but killed all the monsters and destroyed the monster nest...

Aw...poo. First, try meditating for an hour. Do that ~3 times. No love? Leave the area for about a day, then return to the site. If the last monster still doesn't appear, try verifying / validating the installation, then restore to a point before clearing the area and try again.

At that point, I would send the issue into CDPR Support.

thwidra;n3202702 said:
The problem is still there in V1.31 (PC). Can't clear the abandoned site, but killed all the monsters and destroyed the monster nest...

Same here. Problem still persist on 1.31 (on PC, Steam version - NG+). Tried meditating and doing other things meanwhile.. like clearing all the "?" on the map, so a save before the bug is out of the question.

The completionist in me is dying a little :C

Last edited:
Just came here to say that the issue is still present in the PS4 version. I really hope that patch is still coming, cause I can't seem to finish that area. My last save file is from way later, I figured that the sirens would eventually respawn, but that's not the case unfortunately.

Octane22;n6942830 said:
Just came here to say that the issue is still present in the PS4 version. I really hope that patch is still coming, cause I can't seem to finish that area. My last save file is from way later, I figured that the sirens would eventually respawn, but that's not the case unfortunately.

I have encountered the same issue. v.1.31 PS4

Is there any update or idea of this being patched? i've hit the same issue and don't have a save to go back to before hand :( im on PS4 latest patch

I have the same issue with the GOTY Edition for Xbox One, any solution? I can't reload a previous save because I didn't realize of the bug when I went there for the first time.

SigilFey;n7305220 said:
Can everyone be sure they send in a Support Ticket and include a saved game?

I did, and your team provided no assistance, they simply put the responsibility on me, telling me that they are incapable of fixing the issue, and that all I need to do is just lose 60 hours of progress and load a previous save. Thanks for absolutely nothing. You will not see one more dime of my money.

PoorBoyDaniel;n7602560 said:
I did, and your team provided no assistance, they simply put the responsibility on me, telling me that they are incapable of fixing the issue, and that all I need to do is just lose 60 hours of progress and load a previous save. Thanks for absolutely nothing. You will not see one more dime of my money.

Sorry to hear that! But things like this can and will happen, especially with complex RPGs, Simulations, and Strategy titles. The issue is almost always the same thing: some bug fixes cannot be retroactive. The necessary changes either require something that's mathematically impossible (like writing code that "un-writes itself"...but stays active for next time). Or the fix for one thing would require breaking 3 other things and risking a chain reaction.

I did have to start TW3 over 3 times before I finally finished my first playthrough. But I'm ready for things like this now. I've had the same thing happen to me many times over the years...I think Ultima III was the first game that did it to me! All of the Bethesda titles have required me to restart at least once, usually more. I borked a playthrough of Neverwinter Nights during the last act -- I saw fire for days after that -- that was a really long and difficult game! The most recent ridiculousness was XCOM: Enemy Within that refused to draw in the 3D models for the doors and walls during the final level of the game. Had to ditch the entire campaign. It's the price we pay as gamers for "open-world / non-linear". We get to "go anywhere and do anything"...and so does the software running this stuff.

My all-time, favorite workaround for "endless loop / game-breaking situation / divide-by-zero call" has to be Bioware (Black Isle Studios, at the time) in the original Baldur's Gate. Say you killed a vital, plot critical character by doing some obscure chain of events out of their logical order. Later, that character needs to be present for a dialogue scene. Obviously...s/he is dead. That would be a crash or endless loop for most games. Not for this one, though! A dude called "Biff the Understudy" would simply appear in their place and deliver their lines, allowing you to continue playing. It was really awkward and immersion-breaking, but it was also hilarious when you figured out what had happened. I thought that was genius.

SigilFey;n7603950 said:
Sorry to hear that! But things like this can and will happen, especially with complex RPGs, Simulations, and Strategy titles. The issue is almost always the same thing: some bug fixes cannot be retroactive. The necessary changes either require something that's mathematically impossible (like writing code that "un-writes itself"...but stays active for next time). Or the fix for one thing would require breaking 3 other things and risking a chain reaction.

I did have to start TW3 over 3 times before I finally finished my first playthrough. But I'm ready for things like this now. I've had the same thing happen to me many times over the years...I think Ultima III was the first game that did it to me! All of the Bethesda titles have required me to restart at least once, usually more. I borked a playthrough of Neverwinter Nights during the last act -- I saw fire for days after that -- that was a really long and difficult game! The most recent ridiculousness was XCOM: Enemy Within that refused to draw in the 3D models for the doors and walls during the final level of the game. Had to ditch the entire campaign. It's the price we pay as gamers for "open-world / non-linear". We get to "go anywhere and do anything"...and so does the software running this stuff.

My all-time, favorite workaround for "endless loop / game-breaking situation / divide-by-zero call" has to be Bioware (Black Isle Studios, at the time) in the original Baldur's Gate. Say you killed a vital, plot critical character by doing some obscure chain of events out of their logical order. Later, that character needs to be present for a dialogue scene. Obviously...s/he is dead. That would be a crash or endless loop for most games. Not for this one, though! A dude called "Biff the Understudy" would simply appear in their place and deliver their lines, allowing you to continue playing. It was really awkward and immersion-breaking, but it was also hilarious when you figured out what had happened. I thought that was genius.

Then why on earth would you lie and say it was patched. Be adults and admit you either can't, or aren't willing to patch it, don't insult my intelligence and claim you fixed something when clearly you didn't.

Bug still here on PS4. This annoyes me like hell. Before this, witcher 3 was 10/10 but now 9/10 because they had so much time and still havent fix this. Lazy.

Ruined Inn - Abandoned Site on Skellige

Hi, everyone.

I have a problem. I came to Ruined Inn and killed every monster, but nothing happened. The villagers didn't come back, and the pictogram of Abandoned Site is still active. What should I do to complete the quest?

Thank you!

Attachments

• photo161821.jpg
    photo161821.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 2,221
Have you tried to meditate near that area and see if more monsters spawn after that? Next best option is to reload and try again.

Also, moved to Tech Support. What is your platform?

Last edited:
Top Bottom