[BUG] Ruined Inn, Skellige - Abandoned Site Icon Missing & Quest Issues

+
Sunsibar;n9217891 said:
Have you tried to meditate near that area and see if more monsters spawn after that? Next best option is to reload and try again.

Also, moved to Tech Support. What is your platform?

Yes I did. I tried everything.

Windows 10x64.

We have few old threads about this and it's a bug, but sadly none of those threads had any answers.

Eh... If you killed all enemies, looted the nest, searched the basement and killed the enemies in the ruined house, did absolutely everything in that area and still nothing... I don't know what else to try. Fast traveling to somewhere, coming back and then meditating again? Walking around the area?

SigilFey Any fresh ideas?

I would just keep coming back to it. There has to be a harpy hiding out there somewhere. Sometimes they fly waaay up in the sky, to the point you can't actually detect them. Other times, they go for a pleasure glide over the mountains.

Alternatively, did you kill 2 phantoms in the ruined inn? I don't think they should affect the site...but you never know.

I meditated in the area, killed ghosts in the basement, left and came back to the location many times after I completed other quests and I keep coming in the middle of different quests (LV26 now). Searched the area in many directions - sea, mountains, forest etc. Thank you very much fellows, it's a pity that it doesn't work. Have a good day.

mahorinav;n9220001 said:
I meditated in the area, killed ghosts in the basement, left and came back to the location many times after I completed other quests and I keep coming in the middle of different quests (LV26 now). Searched the area in many directions - sea, mountains, forest etc. Thank you very much fellows, it's a pity that it doesn't work. Have a good day.

Yeah...sometimes the game just gets into a state. (I've given up on the Kaer Trolde blacksmith, for example. :p) Good news is that you're not really missing anything big. Standard merchant appears with standard stuff, if I remember right.

SigilFey;n9222641 said:
Yeah...sometimes the game just gets into a state. (I've given up on the Kaer Trolde blacksmith, for example. :p) Good news is that you're not really missing anything big. Standard merchant appears with standard stuff, if I remember right.

In Kaer Trolde you should meditate for an hour (I do it right in front of blacksmith) and after that blacksmith will be available for chat.

About my broken village... I wrote to support, asked them for patch. I can only wait now.

mahorinav;n9225041 said:
In Kaer Trolde you should meditate for an hour (I do it right in front of blacksmith) and after that blacksmith will be available for chat.

About my broken village... I wrote to support, asked them for patch. I can only wait now.

That sometimes does work! I needed to do a battery of loading and reloading the area in my case. I got through the quest and all, but it keeps resetting the blacksmith to non-interactive each time I arrive in Kaer Trolde. Not that it can't be worked around...just that I can't be bothered anymore. ;)

SigilFey;n9226241 said:
That sometimes does work! I needed to do a battery of loading and reloading the area in my case. I got through the quest and all, but it keeps resetting the blacksmith to non-interactive each time I arrive in Kaer Trolde. Not that it can't be worked around...just that I can't be bothered anymore. ;)

I think any place were traders and such are unavailable, like many blacksmiths, can be allowed by meditating for an hour or saving at the smith and reloading.
There are a few places in velen like that as well.
For the one at Kaer Trolde I'm not shure what happens if you complete his quest.
He may not work at all after that, so don't talk after getting his letter and fellowing the cart tracks.

slothman32;n9226401 said:
I think any place were traders and such are unavailable, like many blacksmiths, can be allowed by meditating for an hour or saving at the smith and reloading.
There are a few places in velen like that as well.
For the one at Kaer Trolde I'm not shure what happens if you complete his quest.
He may not work at all after that, so don't talk after getting his letter and fellowing the cart tracks.

Actually, since you and mahorinav both chimed in with the clock thing, I started thinking over past "fixes". There are a number of different bugs that pop up randomly in the engine with these things.

1.) Last enemy does not spawn. This can often be corrected by meditating to cardinal positions on the clock for ~2 days worth. (i.e. 9am, 12 noon, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm, 12 midnight, etc.) Occasionally, this will trigger the AI schedule and get NPCs to become active / appear.

2.) Leave the area for about 1 in-game day (don't fast-travel during this time), then return manually to the spot.

3.) As in the Kaer Trolde situation, the engine cannot seem to activate multiple interactions for the affected NPCs simultaneously. e.g. The Kaer Trolde blacksmith I'm referring to has both a standard blacksmith interface and a special quest dialogue that you can discover. Once the quest has activated, he may lock up and become completely non-interactive. By standing in front of him, quicksaving, then exiting to Windows and clearing the RAM, when you restart the game and load the save, he will have vanished. Go inside the castle (to the point where Geralt slows to a walk) then turn around and head back outside to the blacksmith. He will be there and 100% interactive, but the armorer that works beside him will have vanished. After your done, go back inside and outside again, and both the blacksmith and armorer should be there, but the smith my once again be non-interactive.

Trying the same thing as #3.) above might be worth a shot, as it forces the game to reload the same area in different ways from same RAM cache. This may actually work for that spot, since the engine needs to load 2 different "quests" in the same spot.

mahorinav;n9231861 said:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...g-quest-issues
Project Red, are you ... kidding me? Really? You can't fix it for over three years?!!! What a hell ..., you forget that you are the best team ever?

Work on the PC version of TW3 is long since over, unfortunately. What bugs remain are either a.) things that were so random the cause could not be found or b.) issues for which the fix would break other, more important things. The problem with issues such as this is that very few players experience the bug. It often cannot be recreated. (I've never encountered this bug, but I have encountered issues in the past with similar things.) If the fixes above don't work, then it's down to some specific matter with your playthrough, maybe an NG+ conflict, or possibly a mod-related issue. (I would bet on the first, as I've never gotten through a playthrough of the game without at least a few quests borking out.)

On the up side, it's not a critical area, so skipping it and moving on will not prevent you from continuing with the larger game. It may work just fine in a new game. Weeks from now you may revisit it, kill a drowner or something, and the resolution will trigger. The game can be weird like that.

So I was getting the same issue on the Xbox and this is what I did . First go around I just swarm in put a bomb in the nest then I killed the higher level Siren and then the rest and nothing happens no cut scenes . So I back up on my quicksave about 10 minutes went back in killed the 4 sirens then I bomb the nest and killed the higher level monster then it worked no issues. Hopefully this helps

I can confirm that the bug is still there. I'm on PS4 Pro, i started the game 1 month ago and today i encoutered this annoying bug.

Just got the bug yesterday... Sadly, I already don't have the quicksave or any save before the bug... Missing 1 siren...

Last edited:
I (v1.32 PC/Steam/) have encountered the bug just today. Nothing seems to help so far.

Top Bottom