[BUG] Sandevistan keeps breaking consistently, not activating.

+
Hi, so i've encountered an incredibly frustrating bug that I have tried to identify but I just can't find out why it happens. Basically Sandevistan stops working after a random amount of playing. It simply will not activate, the cooldown has ended but no response ( not like the Transmission bug where the cooldown never finishes).

Some things i have found out while trying to figure out what causes this:
-It may have to do with sheathing and pulling out a weapon because it consistently seems to stop before combat or after combat. I've noticed that before i want to start a fight and i want to activate sandevistan and draw out my weapon it suddenly doesn't work. Conversely the opposite happens too; I just come out of a fight, i put my sword back in and it won't activate anymore. ( sword i'm using is Satori) I have not tested it with other weapons than the sword. But during combat itself it doesn't seem to break and I can activate it repeatedly for the duration of the fight. I've driven around town in my car going from ncpd scanner to the next and at random it just stops working before i want to go into combat.
- At times it stops in the middle of a gig, i would be able to kill a bunch of enemies, look around, loot some stuff. but then when i ran into another enemy it suddenly didnt work anymore (while having exited combat before i ran into him)
-It may be related to movement speed. The transmission bug ( where it stops working after coming back from cyberspace into the voodoo boys hideout) is fixable by drinking alcohol and then activating sandevistan ( the slow time buff becomes the alcohol symbol and then works for some inexplicable reason)
I've noticed that when I used cold blood in my build and get more movement speed it broke more often. I'm also playing a melee build that has a perk that increases movement speed after killing. Thing is tho, it breaks after being out combat for long or short ( seems random). I'm not too sure about this movement speed thing but it might be related.
-Quicksaving and Reloading makes it work again, but for a very short duration. Once it has happened the first time it will keep happening much more frequently.
-Restarting the game fixes it for a much longer time but, like entropy, it is unavoidable. It will keep happening after a while of playing.
- On some other posts i've seen suggestions like changing out sandevistan, sleeping, changing back, sleeping again as possible fixes, these do NOT work permanently, the bug comes back.
-in general the hotkeys say that I should be holding down E to activate cyberware but that has never been the case for sandevistan, it has always activated on just a tap of E (Berserk etc do not have this problem). This also causes sandevistan to activate during conversations and while funny at first it gets annoying after a while. Maybe sandevistan not activating is related to that difference? Changing the hotkey to a different key, that also taps, does not seem to affect it however and the bug returns like with E.

-It doesn't seem to be related to specific locations or quests or anything of the sort. It just happens at any point and then keeps happening. I could save the game before a ncpd place, restart the game and i would have no problems on that locations whereas before restarting it would break there.

Some extra info:
The sandevistan i'm using is the QianT mk4 with 3 legendary heatsinks. The build i made is focused on reducing the cooldown of sandevistan as much as possible with 3 heatsinks and legendary bioconductor. This makes the cooldown 2 seconds after the effect expires. This works but maybe Sandevistan breaking is related to that really short cooldown? I'm also using the cyberware that increases duration of sandevistan by 2 seconds ( epic i believe)
I'm playing a blade build with pretty much every blade perk except the blocking ones ( i dont get attacked in slow time)
Most other cyberware is related to healing on kill, stamina, armor, cloaking etc (things that don't directly influence Sandevistan)

Please CDproject,fix this. It is incredibly frustrating to have to keep restarting the game just to use the thing that my whole build is centered around. When it works it's incredible and I love it but I can't even do the secret ending because it just randomly breaks and i cant reload the save..

I encountered the same problem. If I may add a few things:

- I'm almost 100% sure this is a 1.5 issue because I never had this problem before.

- On my game, at least, reloading a save always fixes it.

- You can't activate Sandevistan during a phone call, and sometimes it is still blocked even after the phone call.

- Sandevistan Operating Systems and Synaptic Accelarator cyberware are in conflict, which is a known issue but it was never explained by CDPR if yes or no one is supposed to break the other. When I have both equipped, that's usually when my Sandevistan bugs and can't be activated until I reload a save.

I encountered the same problem. If I may add a few things:

- I'm almost 100% sure this is a 1.5 issue because I never had this problem before.

- On my game, at least, reloading a save always fixes it.

- You can't activate Sandevistan during a phone call, and sometimes it is still blocked even after the phone call.

- Sandevistan Operating Systems and Synaptic Accelarator cyberware are in conflict, which is a known issue but it was never explained by CDPR if yes or no one is supposed to break the other. When I have both equipped, that's usually when my Sandevistan bugs and can't be activated until I reload a save.
Yes, anything that slows time while sandevistan slow time is active will overwrite the Sandevistan and end it when the shorter one stops. I've actually unequiped anything that slows time outside of sandevistan but the ' will not activate at all' bug still happens.
I just tested the phonecall thing you mentioned and yep. I tried activating it during a phonecall and it stopped working after.

So i've been trying more random things. When I use monowire it hardly ever seems to happen anymore. I'm really starting to think this has to do with the weapon being pulled out or put away again. I'm using Satori and with that it still happens a lot!

What I found is if you use other cybernetics that slow time, they over ride the sandevistan, and thus why your so called 16 seconds are more like around 3 seconds. Also, esp with mantis blades any special actions, like lifting the target up with the blades, cancels the sandevistan immediately.

I start getting the same bug with qiant sandevistan. With 1.52 I started new playthrough and for me this bug starts after finishing cold bath vodoo boys mission (more than 70 hours of play because im clearing map strongly :)) so the same like in post creator exemple, before never happen (even when im use optical camo in the same time too). Whats i realise but maybe wrongly... its happen for me when im using optical camo and later on its buggy my sandevistan so its brings it to imposibility to use E button any more. Restarts helps for a short time. I will be testing this yet but when drop off optical camo> saved> restart .... for longer time im not met bug again.
In conclusion BUG exist and its annoying, before 1.52 Ive never met this bug, now you never know in what moment you will be in truble because of savendistant not even start working :(.
additional info: im using qiant sandevistant with lover coldown mods. my cooldown to using it again is 3 sek / stat: reflex 15 in case of movement speed / got the same overwriting slow time issue when im using block/dodge slow moo cyberware, so its all about timing when to press block/dodge button to not overwrite sandevistan / testing as well : sleeping - changing mod - sleeping...etc not helping much - bug still exist.
Hope that CDPR will fix this bug, fingers cross :)

Last edited:
Sounding like it is probably mechanics interfering with each other. Please, send this in as a ticket to CDPR Support:

Please, select the correct platform (PC, Xbox, Playstation, etc.) and read the appropriate FAQ section to the end, ensuring all suggestions have been followed. If the problems persist, you can use the "Contact Us" link to send in a ticket.

Be sure to include your system (including specs if on PC), a brief description of the issue, and the steps taken to reproduce it (if applicable).

Hi, so i've encountered an incredibly frustrating bug that I have tried to identify but I just can't find out why it happens. Basically Sandevistan stops working after a random amount of playing. It simply will not activate, the cooldown has ended but no response ( not like the Transmission bug where the cooldown never finishes).

Some things i have found out while trying to figure out what causes this:
-It may have to do with sheathing and pulling out a weapon because it consistently seems to stop before combat or after combat. I've noticed that before i want to start a fight and i want to activate sandevistan and draw out my weapon it suddenly doesn't work. Conversely the opposite happens too; I just come out of a fight, i put my sword back in and it won't activate anymore. ( sword i'm using is Satori) I have not tested it with other weapons than the sword. But during combat itself it doesn't seem to break and I can activate it repeatedly for the duration of the fight. I've driven around town in my car going from ncpd scanner to the next and at random it just stops working before i want to go into combat.
- At times it stops in the middle of a gig, i would be able to kill a bunch of enemies, look around, loot some stuff. but then when i ran into another enemy it suddenly didnt work anymore (while having exited combat before i ran into him)
-It may be related to movement speed. The transmission bug ( where it stops working after coming back from cyberspace into the voodoo boys hideout) is fixable by drinking alcohol and then activating sandevistan ( the slow time buff becomes the alcohol symbol and then works for some inexplicable reason)
I've noticed that when I used cold blood in my build and get more movement speed it broke more often. I'm also playing a melee build that has a perk that increases movement speed after killing. Thing is tho, it breaks after being out combat for long or short ( seems random). I'm not too sure about this movement speed thing but it might be related.
-Quicksaving and Reloading makes it work again, but for a very short duration. Once it has happened the first time it will keep happening much more frequently.
-Restarting the game fixes it for a much longer time but, like entropy, it is unavoidable. It will keep happening after a while of playing.
- On some other posts i've seen suggestions like changing out sandevistan, sleeping, changing back, sleeping again as possible fixes, these do NOT work permanently, the bug comes back.
-in general the hotkeys say that I should be holding down E to activate cyberware but that has never been the case for sandevistan, it has always activated on just a tap of E (Berserk etc do not have this problem). This also causes sandevistan to activate during conversations and while funny at first it gets annoying after a while. Maybe sandevistan not activating is related to that difference? Changing the hotkey to a different key, that also taps, does not seem to affect it however and the bug returns like with E.

-It doesn't seem to be related to specific locations or quests or anything of the sort. It just happens at any point and then keeps happening. I could save the game before a ncpd place, restart the game and i would have no problems on that locations whereas before restarting it would break there.

Some extra info:
The sandevistan i'm using is the QianT mk4 with 3 legendary heatsinks. The build i made is focused on reducing the cooldown of sandevistan as much as possible with 3 heatsinks and legendary bioconductor. This makes the cooldown 2 seconds after the effect expires. This works but maybe Sandevistan breaking is related to that really short cooldown? I'm also using the cyberware that increases duration of sandevistan by 2 seconds ( epic i believe)
I'm playing a blade build with pretty much every blade perk except the blocking ones ( i dont get attacked in slow time)
Most other cyberware is related to healing on kill, stamina, armor, cloaking etc (things that don't directly influence Sandevistan)

Please CDproject,fix this. It is incredibly frustrating to have to keep restarting the game just to use the thing that my whole build is centered around. When it works it's incredible and I love it but I can't even do the secret ending because it just randomly breaks and i cant reload the save..
I would like to add to this.
When Sandevistan is activated, using a sniper rifle, after taking a shot, you will rechamber your round, but can't shoot again until it ends.

I've been having this problem playing with patch 1.6 also. I'm not sure if the problem was present prior to that as I had never used Sandevistan on older game patches. I do not know what triggers it, but it seems like it is triggered by picking up loot occasionally but not always. What fixes it for me, is picking up another piece of loot, or going in my inventory and dropping a random item on the ground then picking it back up. Then it works fine again until the next time it breaks.

Same bug here with Kerenzikov and Berserk. It seems to stop working randomly and i must reload a save.
Hope we have a Fix soon cdpr (y)

I HAVE FOUND THE SOURCE OF THE PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!! Houston... Big Problem. Actually, the problem is the slot in V's brain. If you switch the order of the devices, then the second machine won't trigger at its turn... I have put the sandevistan in the left slot, so it worked again. And I have placed the hacking device in the right slot, and then, the hacking device (short circuit, wistle, etc...) disapear.... The problem is way too complicated to be solved by a mod or something, we must wait for a patch :cry:

>>> I'm sorry, I'm french and the texts in my game are all in french, so I don't know how to translate everything.....

CHEERS FROM PARIS, CHOOMS ! :love:

I HAVE FOUND THE SOURCE OF THE PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!! Houston... Big Problem. Actually, the problem is the slot in V's brain. If you switch the order of the devices, then the second machine won't trigger at its turn... I have put the sandevistan in the left slot, so it worked again. And I have placed the hacking device in the right slot, and then, the hacking device (short circuit, wistle, etc...) disapear.... The problem is way too complicated to be solved by a mod or something, we must wait for a patch :cry:
Ok, I'm french too and maybe I didn't get what do you mean :)
But in Vanilla (without mods), there is only on slot for "operating system" > either a Bersek, either a Sandevistan or either a Cyberdeck (but you can't both). So no "left" and no "right" slot, just one slot that you can select.
And so, if you use mods, don't expect a fix from CDPR about your issue.

On a side note, I think Sandevistan also stop working at some point (I could be wrong, but it seem related to another "slowing-time" cyberware, like kerensikov) :)

In 1.61 (I haven't checked earlier versions), there's code that checks the loot you're looking at for some reason when you try to activate your cyberware. If you're looking at a container with multiple items in it, you can't activate the cyberware. You can when looking at a container with a single item in it.

That code has a bug in it. It checks the number of items, but it doesn't check to see if this loot is actively being looked at by the player, and ends up using whatever loot was in the container you looked at last.

Here's a redscript patch to fix it. You'll need redscript installed to use this, of course.

Make a file in your "Cyberpunk 2077\r6\scripts" folder, named "SandevistanFix.reds" and put this in it:

Code:
module SandevistanFix

@replaceMethod(PlayerPuppet)
private func CanCycleLootData() -> Bool {
    let interactonsBlackboard = GameInstance.GetBlackboardSystem( this.GetGame() ).Get( GetAllBlackboardDefs().UIInteractions );
    let interactionData = GetAllBlackboardDefs().UIInteractions;
    let data : LootData = FromVariant(interactonsBlackboard.GetVariant( interactionData.LootData ));
    let items = data.itemIDs;
    return ArraySize(items) > 1 && data.isActive;  // without checking isActive, the last loot we looked at still applies.
}

If you don't have redscript available, or can't make this work, you can fix your sandevistan by looking at something with only one item in it. Doesn't matter whether you loot that item or not. Dropping something and picking it back up would work as well.

That code has a bug in it. It checks the number of items, but it doesn't check to see if this loot is actively being looked at by the player, and ends up using whatever loot was in the container you looked at last.
How come I am just seeing this now? Thank you, thank you so much!!! Have you reported the bug (and fix) ?

In 1.61 (I haven't checked earlier versions), there's code that checks the loot you're looking at for some reason when you try to activate your cyberware. If you're looking at a container with multiple items in it, you can't activate the cyberware. You can when looking at a container with a single item in it.

Here's a redscript patch to fix it. You'll need redscript installed to use this, of course.

Make a file in your "Cyberpunk 2077\r6\scripts" folder, named "SandevistanFix.reds" and put this in it:

Code:
module SandevistanFix

@replaceMethod(PlayerPuppet)
private func CanCycleLootData() -> Bool {
    let interactonsBlackboard = GameInstance.GetBlackboardSystem( this.GetGame() ).Get( GetAllBlackboardDefs().UIInteractions );
    let interactionData = GetAllBlackboardDefs().UIInteractions;
    let data : LootData = FromVariant(interactonsBlackboard.GetVariant( interactionData.LootData ));
    let items = data.itemIDs;
    return ArraySize(items) > 1 && data.isActive;  // without checking isActive, the last loot we looked at still applies.
}

If you don't have redscript available, or can't make this work, you can fix your sandevistan by looking at something with only one item in it. Doesn't matter whether you loot that item or not. Dropping something and picking it back up would work as well.
I followed your instructions and ran into an issue;

I installed rescript, but when going to the path you mentioned after, i didn't have a scripts folder in the r6 folder. So i made one, and made a notepad document and named it the filename you gave.

didn't fix it.

dropping an item and picking it up didn't work.

looking at a container with a single item doesn't fix it either.

I've had the glitch before, but it usually fixes itself with a reload or relaunch of the game. Now it's not fixing itself no matter what I do, even if i remove the cyberware entirely and put it back. Thus leading me to search here. If there's anything anyone else has to fix this let me know... I'm really annoyed.

This started after finishing the quest with the voodoo boys and diving into the dark net thing quest, when i had to escape the subway tunnel, my sandi had the cooldown icon up top, but no number ticking down and I can't activate it at all.

EDIT: I FOUND A FIX

it was from a 2020 steam community post

---Originally posted by MrJoobs: Found a fix - go to a ripperdoc and reinstall your Militech Paraline. Head to your apartment and rest. Go back to the ripperdoc, reinstall the Sandevistan. Return to your apartment and rest again.
The game seemed to have it stuck on cooldown - that fixed my issue.---

Last edited:
EDIT: I FOUND A FIX

it was from a 2020 steam community post

---Originally posted by MrJoobs: Found a fix - go to a ripperdoc and reinstall your Militech Paraline. Head to your apartment and rest. Go back to the ripperdoc, reinstall the Sandevistan. Return to your apartment and rest again.
The game seemed to have it stuck on cooldown - that fixed my issue.--
the game needs to save that state wherein you do not have the Sandy installed, so if you do the paraline then save, reload, and reinstall sandevistian it should self fix. the sandy is stuck on cooldown but wont show it on the hud. shows consumption, instant end, then recharges but the game doesn't recognize the last part and ur stuck.

Top Bottom