[BUG] Stuck on loading screen at the end of King's Gambit quest

+
[BUG] Stuck on loading screen at the end of King's Gambit quest

Hey, I've tried to complete the King's Gambit quest.
At the point where you kill the bears at the den or if you chose the other way, catch the traitor, you are then supposed to be teleported to the Jarl's place, but when the loading screen comes it gets stuck there. I haven't found any workaround to this.
Any tips how to solve the infinite loading screen? I am playing on PC and the version is 1.03 steam. According to reddit this same bug is also occurring on PS4 and it stopping people from progressing in the game as it is needed at one point in the game.

Lots of people have also reported this problem in the steam community forums.

Here is the reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/36rtt1/stuck_on_loading_screen_at_the_end_of_kings/

Last edited:
Same here. Playing 1.03 from GOG. Infinite loading screen after a dialog completes.

When I cut down the guy after the horse chase and once the dialog finishes, there is an infinite loading screen

---------- Updated at 01:55 PM ----------

Apparently the other way of doing the quest, so not chasing him down, but instead going through his room leads to the same result.

have been at it for hours, can not find a way to get past it, but i found a way to get out of it, Let him ride all the way to the end, let him be killed, you will then be taken to a room, in that room you can change quest and walk away to do others things. Hope they can get a fix soon though

Last edited:
Same issue, happens either path. I verified my install and gave it good amounts of time to load, but it seems this is some sort of glitch with the carry over to the cut-scene, as I can still hear some in game sound during the loading screen. Really sucks honestly, this side quest is important to the much larger quest overall.

Just sat here on the loading after coming back to the mission as I was stuck on the loading screen earlier today. Trying to find any possible way to get around this loading screen bug however no luck so far. Looks like we are all gonna have to explore the truck out of the world till we can get past :D

Same bug... patch 1.03 on PC, Tried earlier saves replayed to this point several times, tried Galaxy repair, no change. Great quest hope it gets fixed.

Hi. I ran into this problem yesterday as well, tried reloading from different checkpoints during the quest, to no avail. I'm running the game on the GOG 1.03 version, on Windows 7 x64.

Could we please have some kind of confirmation that they have noticed the bug and are fixing it? I would like to progress in the game.

Top Bottom