[BUG] Stuck on loading screen at the end of King's Gambit quest

+
Basically you can go the isle of mists and completely ignore the quest if you want to keep playing. The quest just fails. I tried restarting from various saves up to an hour before that point and nothing worked to get it working.

I've completed the main storyline, now I've started again on the hardest difficulty and I'm going to do everything :)

Hey i have this problem too.

See some people been playing other games but instead you can just load another save from the start menu and wait till there is a fix out to do this quests this way you can keep enjoying the game :)

Not if you've done everything else that makes sense to do at this point. Main quest is now impossible to progress on and i've done all that I can that is of interest to me, so now I'm stuck and need to wait for this hotfix. QQ

I can forgive many minor glitches that I've noticed over the 4,5 day /played but this is VERY SERIOUS and needs to be resolved asap. Can't believe it went through testing. I mean it's a key quest in storyline progression...

Not if you've done everything else that makes sense to do at this point. Main quest is now impossible to progress on and i've done all that I can that is of interest to me, so now I'm stuck and need to wait for this hotfix. QQ

I can forgive many minor glitches that I've noticed over the 4,5 day /played but this is VERY SERIOUS and needs to be resolved asap. Can't believe it went through testing. I mean it's a key quest in storyline progression...

I'm suspecting that the post-release patches might have caused this problem. I honestly don't think that they would have released the game without noticing and fixing this.
Either way, the weekend is over, so hopefully they'll be able to fix it in the next couple days. :)

Either way, the weekend is over, so hopefully they'll be able to fix it in the next couple days.
Sorry to curb your enthusiasm, but today is Pentecost Monday, a christian holiday which also should be a holiday in Poland....

I'm running the steam version 1.03 and am also running into the loading bug for this quest. Both the chase and the room inspection branches end in the same infinite loading screen. Loaded a previous save, logged another 8 or so hours before attempting again and still got the same result. Unfortunate that this came to light on a 3-day weekend for me, and it's a pretty big bug when looking at it from a story stance. But....I am glad I still have a "few" side quests to keep me busy. It would still be nice to have this addressed asap...I'm loving the story and this quest is no exception.

One thing I have not tried is downgrading to the initial release version, but I'm not sure if the steam version is has the capability. If anyone knows how I'd be happy to test. I'm assuming the reviewers did this quest on their early version. I do know they were on console versions, but it's a theory anyways.

Last edited:
Sorry to curb your enthusiasm, but today is Pentecost Monday, a christian holiday which also should be a holiday in Poland....

You will be glad to hear that sadly it's not holiday today in Poland. Hopefully they get on this fast. It's one of those "main" side quests.

I tried the quest both ways and both lead to endless loading screen. Finally I just picked the 3rd option which is basically letting them take care of their business and got out of this quest. This needs a fix and I can confirm it exists on digital copy on ps4.

As others have said, as workaround I just skip this quest and go directly to the isle, that way you can continue the main storyline, worked for me.

Top Bottom